Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful boards.

Comment

Hey Hawaii Boi, do you usually surf on the south coast? how often are the conditions good for your PN? Im about the same dimensions as you and looking for something to ride when im on the south coast of Oahu..any advice appreciated.

Comment

Asbestos, I don't own a Pnator but I've surfed it a few times. I surf the south shore 100% of the time these days. Best time to surf the south shore is usually the summer time. Although, we have had some out-of-season south swells lately. However, right now the best places to go are the West and North. If you are in great shape and not a beginner, i would recommend a 5'6, but if you wanted a little more float and easier paddling, you could go 5'8. As far as wave heights, PN excels in waist to head high, overhead max IMO.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Thanks Hawaii Boi,
          I get to surf on the south coast for a couple of months each year, looking at purchasing my first firewire board...pretty much sold on the idea of the potatonator..im a little heavier and you and because of work, go through fairly long dry periods..thinking the 6 or 6'2 in the PN will make up for fitness or lack of it...By the way do you prefer a certain surf shop for your FWs ?

Comment

Originally posted by asbestos View Post
            Thanks Hawaii Boi,
            I get to surf on the south coast for a couple of months each year, looking at purchasing my first firewire board...pretty much sold on the idea of the potatonator..im a little heavier and you and because of work, go through fairly long dry periods..thinking the 6 or 6'2 in the PN will make up for fitness or lack of it...By the way do you prefer a certain surf shop for your FWs ?
            asbestos, sorry just saw this. If you are in Hawaii, Rip Curl in Ala Moana Shopping Center has the best prices on the island (O'ahu)! If they don't have the model you want, ask them and they will contact the rep and pull from stock or from other competitors...last resort is order. Craigslist is another good place...I bought my Spud from there :)

Btw, i just noticed your location, are you in Kansai for work (e.g., English teacher)? I plan to check out Kobe in the near future. I have some friends out there.

ALOHA!!
            Last edited by hawaii_boi; 12-13-2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X