X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatonator vs Dominator

If i'm 6'1 190lbs and a pretty good surfer should i go for the dominator or the potatonator? I'm probably surfing some smaller mushier waves but i'm afraid the potatonator won't be responsive enough for me. Which board would you suggest?

Spitfire!!!!it's a dominator with a more refined tail!. Still performs nicely on smaller conditions.How small are you planning on surfing?
    5'10"

Comment

yeah actually i was looking for something around 5'10, will the spitfire be fast though?

Comment

As fast as the dom, maybe a tide bit more, and more maneuverable than the dominator

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
          As fast as the dom, maybe a tide bit more, and more maneuverable than the dominator
          The spitfire definitely turns quicker and tighter and so helps get down the line faster at times when you need to make really quick turns here and there to stay with the pocket. For weaker fuller waves not much difference it's when it starts to suck that quicker turn might be the difference between keeping up or not.

Comment

If you don't have a potato get the potatonator. I've tried it up to head high. If you want to do more progressive surfing, definitely the spit.

i tried the dom and the spit. Spitfire all day BUT if you are riding mush all day, dom would be better. Spit shines in chest high to overhead IMO. I ride my Sweet for knee to chest high. Overhead + will be for my future board (hellfire or hell razor).

ALOHA!!
            Last edited by hawaii_boi; 09-27-2012, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X