X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitfire & potatonator - cain and abel

Latest addition to the family - the pototanotor 5'10 - She'll have her first outing tomorrow - Will this mean the end of the spitfire and maybe a jacknife addition
    Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment
    Attached Files

Nice addition. The jacknife would complement it nicely I think and have you covered until you need a step up.

Comment

Big contest tomorrow, forecast is triple over head, the spitfire will be pushing it.

Comment

Man we're not getting any of that here. 2ft wind chop

Comment

A spitfire in triple overhead! That will be pushing it. Put some big fins in!

Comment

I put in the big fins and got destroyed waves had alot of juice over powered the spit - a HP board was really required - my brother faired much better on the his 6'6 Altenator -
            I did take the nator out for a surf yesterday head high punch beach break and it went great - the stepped deck make you feel like you are very much above the water line while paddling but its something id get used to - Its pretty much as you expect, easy to catch waves on, light fast and fairly agile considering how wide it is. I definitely would not surf this in big powerful surf, its not a one board quiver unless all you surf is small beach break stuff. Im considering flogging the spitfire and getting a 6'4 hellfire (or jackknife / razor etc) for bigger days.

Comment

Solid!!

I hope you have never had to sand and paint your railing. I did a handful of staircases like that one summer. ohh man!!

Comment

Chris my uncle did those, after he said when they need redone don't call him. Seeing white in his dreams.

Comment

Nice pics bud, quite helpful to me since I'm about to drop the cash on a 5'10 PN in RF also. I ride a 5'10 Dom it's nice to see a similar shape board next to the PN to compare - especially the rocker shot. Any chance you can answer the following?

- How does the weight of the 5'10 RF PN compare to your 6' FST Spit?
                  - Much difference in maneuverability between the two

Cheers!

Comment

Weight - 5'10 Potatonator RF is very slightly lighter than the 6'0 Spit Fst

Had it out Monday night headhigh clean with punch - my brother was on his 5'10 Dom - we swopped I took his 5'10 Dom -

Differences - same old story really Potatonator head high and under - easier to catch waves - you generate speed much quicker of the take of - the Dom is much more refined and more precise a tool -

You will love it - it looks like a regular shortboard until you look closer

Maneuverability - because you can go much faster on small waves with this board compared to your dom you will be able to pull more radical stunts..... if you get my irish.

Still working on the air reverse.

Comment

Weight - 5'10 Potatonator RF is very slightly lighter than the 6'0 Spit Fst

Had it out Monday night headhigh clean with punch - my brother was on his 5'10 Dom - we swopped I took his 5'10 Dom -

Differences - same old story really Potatonator head high and under - easier to catch waves - you generate speed much quicker of the take of - the Dom is much more refined and more precise a tool -

You will love it - it looks like a regular shortboard until you look closer

Maneuverability - because you can go much faster on small waves with this board compared to your dom you will be able to pull more radical stunts..... if you get my irish.

Still working on the air reverse.

Comment

any pics from that big day??

Comment

Working...
                        X