X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best FCS setup for potatonator 5'6"

For you FCS peeps, got a question, what FCS setup have you found works better for your potatonator?. Need help for a guy 60Kgs, 5'6" pnator surfing waves max 1.5mts, beginner-intermediate level
    Thanks in advance

for you iggy?? go 100% flat foils on the leading fins (SF4s are epic). But if you want a little more hold/drive, go with a performance glass PG5s. Fast, drivey and smooth...

Comment

I have messed around with a lot of fin combinations and keep coming back to the AM2 (orange) fins up front and GXQ in the rear boxes. Have had a K2.1 quad set in recently which felt good but the AM2 comb seems to be a favourite.
      At 60 kg that might even be a bit much fin.
      The TC aqualines are a nice Quad set but I have drifted away from them lately.
      Worth trying as many different combinations / sets of fins as you can. I have been surprised at how the feel of the board can change with a different fin set. It is also a very personal factor. What one rider may think is good another will hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        for you iggy?? go 100% flat foils on the leading fins (SF4s are epic). But if you want a little more hold/drive, go with a performance glass PG5s. Fast, drivey and smooth...
        jajaj for me to get back to 60Kgs we are gonna need a miracle to happen and to get back to FCS...well that ain't happening!!! ;) No it's for someone in France who just got a board with FCS instead of FUTURES

Comment

Chris or anyone else.

I just downsized to a pn 5'10. Got it home, waxed up and turned it over and noticed it was FCS. No problem, except that the 6'0 I traded in was Futures. My Bad. Not a big deal. I was using the Rastas which I loved but I can put these on my SP and HF. I think I have some FCS options. I took off my Stretch S4 from my dominator and I have an older model of the GMB 5 mayhem. Will these fin set up ride well? I'm kind of crushed because I really liked how my 6'0 rode on the rastas.

Comment

Stretches are awesome, and I like the Mayhems as well

Comment

Will be trying my 5'10 when it gets here next week, with Indo Controllers first, then may try the Soar DXL - DM quad set I have too just out of interest. Will let you know how it gos

Comment

Should go good and fast in a lateral way (ie, straight).
                Correct me if I'm wrong.
                :-)<

Comment

Got my new fst potatonator which I'll try the Indo controllers in just to see how wrong I can be.
                  Got to prise them out of my McT scooter first.
                  Put them in that and perfect for that board.

Comment

First surf with the Board and had the contollers in. Clean beach break but it was quite small, around waist high and they seemed to go OK. Still loose enough to throw it around but plenty of drive. I was going to swap them out midway through for my Soar DXL DM quads but was having too much fun hehe. Keen to try them in some bigger more powerfull waves to see if theyre still loose enough then.

Comment

yeah have to experiment to really know what works best for you. I have to think the controllers would feel good for you!! But also make sure to try both quads and thrusters as well as you might be surprised!!

Comment

Elevons...I keep saying it but Elevons people....Elevons. They work unreal in that board.

Comment

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
                          Elevons...I keep saying it but Elevons people....Elevons. They work unreal in that board.
                          This may well be the case but we're talking about fcs options.
                          The Elevons are Futures aren't they?
                          Oops...:-)
                          I'm stoked because True Ames make an fcs tabbed version of one my favourite futures fins (haven't tried Elevons, shame on me) which are AMT robber twins.
                          They are called CI twins.
                          Should be here any day now.
                          Tried the Stretch's in my new potatonator and wasn't getting enough drive in the 1'ers. Put in some MR tx's and it felt better.
                          I have never been a fan of the MR's so can't wait for the True ames CI twins to turn up.

Comment

keep us posted.. have the stretch to run when my taternator arrives.. tried the indo controllers in spud which i hated..

Comment

Does anyone have experience with the K2.1 quads on a 5.6 Potatonator? I am picking up my poatonator tonight after work and I don't know what fins will work best.

I just got a really good deal on the PC K2.1 (five fin set) and haven't tried them yet. At 175lbs or 80kg I am worried that they might be a little small but i mostly surf beach breaks and heard great things. I also have the GMB-5s (five fin), K3s and MR TFX to mess around with.

Comment

Working...
                              X