Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like the K2,1 quad set on wide tailed boards. Too much release. The quad rears are handy though and you can always use the thruster set in other boards.

Comment

Meek, try the K2.1, they have not been my favourites though. You may find them perfect

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I tried the Potatonator for the first time this morning with the GMB-5 quads instead and it felt great....but I have nothing to comare it to. I think the K2.1 are probably better suited for my hellrazor but I will do some experimenting over the next few weeks.

I only surfed for like an hour before work in waist to chest conditions but I am already loving the feel of the board. As everyone else has already stated, it is just flat out fun. Super quick from the start, loose, and had plenty of drive thru turns. I was kinda tripping at first as everyone else had longboards and I was on a 5'6" but after a few waves guys started asking what I was riding. It was hillarious seeing their reactions when I said it was a 5'6" and they were all on 9ft+ boards.

Comment

yeah meek!

Comment

I tried the K2.1 quad setup on my 5.6 nator this week and found the board to be really responsive. I have only surfed the board the 3 times (2x on GMB-5) so it is too early to tell but in waist to shoulder+ surf I thought the K2.1 setup felt great. For the ankle-chest days the GMB-5 quad will probably provide more drive but I really liked the shorter turning radius in better and steeper surf of the K2.1. No nubster yet but one is on its way

Comment

Anyone know if there is a FCS quadfin setup similar to the Rastas? Medium size.

Comment

PC5 Bamboo?

Comment

would love to hear some feedback on the bamboo fcs..

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
                    For you FCS peeps, got a question, what FCS setup have you found works better for your potatonator?. Need help for a guy 60Kgs, 5'6" pnator surfing waves max 1.5mts, beginner-intermediate level
                    Thanks in advance
                    I currently run the stretch PC fcs on mine and love them. I have tried M5 with small rear the K2.1, s and as a twin with the large MR fins also with the Mr front and Gx side bite rear,s.

All worked well in different conditions but the Stretch sf4 are good at everything in all conditions. Lots of drive while been loose good amount of hold when steeper. I Can't fault them.

Comment

I have a 5'8 pnator, 185-190 lbs. The Simon A. Large feel like they were made specifically for that board. Drivey and loose!

Comment

Originally posted by Surf fiend View Post
                        I have a 5'8 pnator, 185-190 lbs. The Simon A. Large feel like they were made specifically for that board. Drivey and loose!
                        I couldn't agree more. A match made in heaven.

Comment

PC SF4 quad, goes perfect with the 5'6 Potatonator! Haven't tried the K2.1 quad yet, but for a 60kg rider they might feel right.

Comment

Anyone compared k2.1 quads with PC5 front +gxq quad setup? What's the difference with the 2 in terms of ride?

Comment

@meek, have you thought about trying the H3 Nexus Quad? I know they are really expensive but i thought they worked better than the K2.1. A more affordable option would be the PG and PC fins

ALOHA!!

Comment

How did you like the K2.1's on the Pnator @meekthefreak ? - I like those fins but usually always gravitate to Stretch SF4. The K2.1's are good, but I like them on a board with a narrower tail. They seem to break free too easily on the wider tailed boards for my liking.

Comment

Working...
                                X