X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the PN surf at all like a fish?

I recently got a SP and do NOT connect with the board at all. Way to rear foot bias and I just can't seem to be consistent on it. Needs a new home, but after recently taking out a quad fish I have in my quiver, perhaps something more "fishy" would be better. I have a spitfire and love that board, so would the PN be a little like a cross between a fish and a SF. Or is it too much like a SP that I should stay away?

It catches waves like a fish and surfs like a spitfire.
    but be careful - it may overlap a lot with the SF

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
      Agreed there!

Comment

yeah any of these new models that shorten up in length AND cut out the deep retro swallow tail, in my opinion, really surf a lot differently than the classic fish design. think of the fish as a board that will draw longer lines off the bottom and have bit more of a gentle flow while the modern day small wave boards are going to be a little more twitchy and will have the ability to be ridden with shorter arcs, an ultimately, more progressive.

Cheers and hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
          Wow, really? I never could dial in the SP, it is such a rear foot biased board and the deep V made it a little "twitchy" for my liking. So you would say if I have no problems with my SF, I shouldn't have an issue with the PN?

Comment

Originally posted by barney View Post
            Wow, really? I never could dial in the SP, it is such a rear foot biased board and the deep V made it a little "twitchy" for my liking. So you would say if I have no problems with my SF, I shouldn't have an issue with the PN?
            That's what I'm sayin!

I too had and loved the SP but swapped it for the PN so I could surf more "shortboard-ish" in small waves.

Comment

Hey Barney, if you like the fishy feel and front foot bias, you really should check out an El Fuego. Only prob is that it may overlap with your Spitfire, but I've never surfed one of those.

Comment

Working...
              X