Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatonator size compared to Sweet Potato

Dear Friends

I am a new member at your forum so I would like to say Hi to all of You.

I have a 5'4 SP and I'm willing to buy a Potatonator. I'm thinking about 5'6 but I am not totally sure cause it's about 5 liters of less colume than the SP. My height is 5.75 and I weight about 147. I usually surf on shoulder high waves that are not so powerful.

Any advise will be helpful. Thanks

If the volume of your SP is about right for you then you probably want about 5'8" or maybe 5'10"

Comment

Thanks 50young.

Comment

How often do you surf and what's your skill level?

Comment

Iggy, how come and you haven't got the 5'6?

Comment

I would say I am intemediate skilled. I would like to get a board that works better than a SP on a bit bigger waves. My mind says 5'8 but my heart yells for 5'6. I'm sure that 35.6 volume (my SP's) is more than I would like.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsson View Post
              I would say I am intemediate skilled. I would like to get a board that works better than a SP on a bit bigger waves. My mind says 5'8 but my heart yells for 5'6. I'm sure that 35.6 volume (my SP's) is more than I would like.
              Hey Jonsson I was going to get the 5'6" but Chris talked me into the 5'8", and I don't regret it a tide bit. That little extra volume comes in handy during winter when I have the winter kit on (6/4 wetsuit, 7mm boots and 5mm gloves). The board still moves queite nicely!!. I'm running it as a thruster with a set of SOLUS and it works quite nice. Last few times out have been very fun. Had the board up to head high and she's a keeper!

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
                Hey Jonsson I was going to get the 5'6" but Chris talked me into the 5'8", and I don't regret it a tide bit. That little extra volume comes in handy during winter when I have the winter kit on (6/4 wetsuit, 7mm boots and 5mm gloves). The board still moves queite nicely!!. I'm running it as a thruster with a set of SOLUS and it works quite nice. Last few times out have been very fun. Had the board up to head high and she's a keeper!
                Wow, a rare find.
                Someone else riding the potatonator as a thruster.
                Go Iggy!

Comment

Rastas go really good with it too but lately I've been tripping on those SOLUS for the board. Although on bigger conditions they get a bit skiddy!!. For those days I have a set of AM2

Comment

i Ride the 5'2 sp and it feels too big. I Ride the 5'4 PN and it feels perfect. Don't be afraid to go small, especially at your weight.

Comment

Guys, I finally got the 5'8. The guy at the shop is a good friend and gave the chance of riding it and if it feels too big I'll get the 5'6.

Hey guys, I' got the H3 Nexus in small to try it as a thruster. Whatare your thoughts on this?

Thanks

Comment

Gonna feel like an Alaia with those small fins in that big board

Comment

Yeah they might be a little small for you and I think the wide tail on the p-nator lends itself better to a quad set up. But it is always a bit of experimentation until you find the fins and set up that suit you best.

Comment

I 'd like to add my voice to the posts recommending the Futures Scimitar fronts w/ the Controller rears as a quad setup on the PN.
                            Plenty enough drive, and not too 'tracky' to really turn - the best so far!

Comment

Hi i'm brand new on this forum, and looks for advices on potatonator for small waves (1' to 4' ) mushy with summer onshore winds in France.

I'm 5'11 and 205, my daily driver is a dominator style 6'7 x 21 x2.75 quad that must be around 4 or 43 L.
                              That board should make me surf in small gutless mushy surf but be able to do its job in better surf as well.
                              Is the potatonator ok or should I go towards a baked potato?

Comment

Working...
                              X