Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatonator in Technograin?

Hey Chris,
    Do you know if the potatonator will be made in technograin technology anytime soon? I see that Surfride.com has a few Unibrows in technograin so maybe the models are expanding. Also, when I was at the demo at C Street last weekend it sounded like more boards were going to made it that technology.

I am about to pull the trigger on a 5'6" Potatatonator in FST but would wait a few months if technograin production is slated for 2013. Thanks for any insight you can provide!

hey meek i'm answering your question about the potatonator here so the unibrow thread stays unibrow.

as for the 5'6 potatonator i've only had it out once but its what i wanted in a board... handles the smaller weaker stuff better then my 5'8 dom that i sold and feels more like a shortboard then my oversized potato... haven't taken it out to my usual summer spot that has more punch too so i think it will go better out there.. the sp felt like it didn't fit into the curve of the wave at that spot.. soft to get into but gets punchy/hollow on the inside when its small

Comment

Thanks kdropin. The sweet potato just looks a little too flat and bulky for me so I thought the Potatonator would be a good compromise. I demoed the 5.6 last Sunday for only about a hour and half but I really liked it. The board was really lose and responsive despite the wide tail. What fins do you use? I tried it with the clay marzo quads

Comment

i have fcs so i run the sf4 quad in pc

Comment

Working...
        X