Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Potatonator, Activator or Addvance? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Potatonator, Activator or Addvance?

    Transitioning from 8' long board. Want to keep up my wave count, but have a high performance board. Ultimate goal is to transition to short board. Looking at 6'10 Addvance, 6'11" Activator or 6'8" Potatonator? 6'2", 185-190lbs and live in SoCal. Any thoughts? Thanks

  • #2
    What are your di,s?

    Comment


    • #3
      di, s? Sorry what's that?

      Comment


      • #4
        Sorry your dims: weight height

        Comment


        • #5
          Thought I posted it. 6'2" 185-190 lbs. Hey bro, I'm also from Montreal - South Shore! Live in LA now.

          Comment


          • #6
            howzit. i think a 6'2 PN is massive for that board. i do see a guy on a 6'0 w halo fins tho. personally, i like the guy, but thats crazy. there r plenty of transition type boards that wud float u. i dont think the ADD is really a transition board, but is super fun. u cud probably get away w 45L give or take a couple.

            Comment


            • #7
              I would get a sweet or baked potato! haha! I came down from a 9'0 longboard to a 5'2" potato and I catch enough waves. it's basically a longboard but half the size and very maneuverable.

              ALOHA!!
              Last edited by hawaii_boi; 04-13-2013, 07:21 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
                Thought I posted it. 6'2" 185-190 lbs. Hey bro, I'm also from Montreal - South Shore! Live in LA now.
                Hey buddy,live in Lachine but originally from Venezuela. If you want to stick to the Addvance the 6'6" will be mor than plenty. The Pnator willalsp be a good choice but if you are coming straight from a longboard background the Add will help the task

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey, Iggy thanks for the input. So I found a used 6'10 Addvance for $550 (like new) or I can get a new 6'11" activator for about $575 shipped (no fins). you seem to favor the Addvance. Should I go for it, or do you think the 6'10" is really too big. Keep in mind this is my first move down from a longboard to a hybrid. Thanks!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    if u wanna see the ADD in action, u can check my profile. i take it out from small to big and ride ti as a longboard w/o the nose. its actually bigger than my longboards were. i wud ride 9'x 20 1/2 x 2 5/8 w light glass. i know the 6'10 is wider and fatter. everyone surfs different tho, and looks for different things out of their equipment. my suggestion wud b to pick up a smaller board w minimal float and a big board w enuff float and trade off if ur transitioning.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
                      Hey, Iggy thanks for the input. So I found a used 6'10 Addvance for $550 (like new) or I can get a new 6'11" activator for about $575 shipped (no fins). you seem to favor the Addvance. Should I go for it, or do you think the 6'10" is really too big. Keep in mind this is my first move down from a longboard to a hybrid. Thanks!
                      Yeah agreed with FokaiHi here. Even though the transition I will feel inclined to go for the 6'6", very user friendly yet surprisingly maneuverable board for its size. You could go for the 6'10" but you might outgrow it rapidly. This board will give you almost the paddle ability of a longboard ajnd the maneuverability of a shorter board

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks for the input guys. I went with the 6'6". Now "to Traction Pad or not to Traction Pad", that is the question. Any insight?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
                          Thanks for the input guys. I went with the 6'6". Now "to Traction Pad or not to Traction Pad", that is the question. Any insight?
                          Traction pad is a personal choice, in my case ai can not surf without one

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X