X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatonator Traction

Any suggestions out there for traction for the PN? I'm new to this traction business...coming from a 7'6" fun shape.

Originally posted by mcgloneml View Post
    Any suggestions out there for traction for the PN? I'm new to this traction business...coming from a 7'6" fun shape.
    I have a two piece beyond it suites the wide tail. Dekine have a three piece tail pad that you could split across the tail.
    Stick it into google images you get some great Ideas there. There is also a company who make tail pads for wider tails one guy on the forum posted a link somewhere.

Comment

yeah its mattison or something like that.. i have a da kine thinline pad.. like how the middle piece has its own seperate kick to it..

Comment

Check out Dakine and ProLite. Creatures has nice ones too!

ALOHA!!

Comment

I use Dakine where I can - good quality adhesive 3M. There are a heap of good quality tail pads out there, that all use 3M adhesive; Creatures, Gorilla, O&E, CI, OAM.

I'm not that sure about the practice of spreading the pad out wide, I don't think it does anything really. I rarely move my rear foot from side to side much at all and if I do it is usually an indication the fins aren't doing their job and I'm trying to put weight on the rail to get more hold.

Comment

i spread it so when i bury my foot against the kick my toes and heal are still on the pad not hanging over the edges of it

Comment

Creatures on mine!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
                I use Dakine where I can - good quality adhesive 3M. There are a heap of good quality tail pads out there, that all use 3M adhesive; Creatures, Gorilla, O&E, CI, OAM.

I'm not that sure about the practice of spreading the pad out wide, I don't think it does anything really. I rarely move my rear foot from side to side much at all and if I do it is usually an indication the fins aren't doing their job and I'm trying to put weight on the rail to get more hold.
                It looks better though :P
                I also feel like a pad stuck in the middle of a wider tail looks a bit lost compared to a spread one. I guess it depends on the size of your feet too.

Comment

I liked this CI pad that S.L. uses on his 5'6. They come in various colors.

CHANNEL ISLANDS*CUTOUT ARCH

Attachment

Attachment
                  Attached Files

Comment

I ended up with that pad on both of my new boards :)

Attachment
                    Attached Files

Comment

nice boards!!

ALOHA!!

Comment

Im loving the new O & E pads. You buy the 3 pieces seperately so you can mix and match some crazy colours. Plus if it starts coming off somewhere you only have to replace 1/3 of it.Attachment
                        Attached Files

Comment

yeah jynxz, that is cool. i saw them in a shop the other day. great little concept.

Comment

Working...
                          X