X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatonator STOKE! :D new 5'6 is a magic board

Just have to tell you guys what an amazing board the 5'6 Potatonator is. This is the magic one for me and the average surf we get here, and this board with PC SF4 quad fins is perfect. Great speed and control, and super responsive! It might be because I went a bit smaller in size this time, but this board is nothing like the 5'4 Sweet potato I used to have.

Looking forward to surf it again, so much fun!:D But hopefully there will be some decent swell coming in, so I can get the CC out in the waves as well.

Here's some photos om my two new boards: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8x16rvv1i5ymiv1/C6dwPyUK4w#/
    Last edited by Erling; 05-05-2013, 03:35 AM.

yeah erling!! that's great. Really happy to hear and see! I know you worked hard on choosing the right boards and it sounds like you made the right moves.

Cheers

Comment

Yeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

The Pnator will be my next board if I cannot get my hands on a TT Baked Potato! :D

ALOHA!!

Comment

Defo one of the best FW boards. Its always got a place in my quiver. Its took me three goes to get it right but got there in the end.

Comment

I havn't surfed allot on my pn but i deffo share the stoke. I had a awesome headhigh session today which blew my head of. So responsive and beside the fairly big amount of volume extremely manoeuvrable and easy to bury a rail.
            I can't get my head around this fst concept which works so well.
            Nothing less than a firewire board for me anymore.
            Wowa!!

Comment

So... You're saying that you like the PNator a lot more than the Sweet Potato then eh? Interested because I'm doing the research to most likely buy a 5'5" Baked... But the shape of the PotatoNator caught my eye. I would get 5'6" as well as I used to ride a 5'8" Dominator and Spitfire. Two boards I love. I just feel that if I buy the PNator, which is in between the Dominator and Baked Potato, I might not have a need for either of those later on, yet I might be compromising too much. Not stubby enough in tiny mush and not high-performance enough went it get a little better. You know what I mean? I sort of feel I need a Baked AND a Dominator/Spitfire. (Like I used to have - Retro Fish and Spitfire).

Comment

I own both a sp and a pn. In my opinion the pn grovels not nearly as good als the sp and the pn surfs anything above hiphigh like a charm. Offcourse when it get's really hollow and high you need a stepup, but hey then you wouldn't be using your dom either. The spit, i've never surfend so i couldn't take it's shape into account.

Comment

Originally posted by SvenBoogert View Post
                  I own both a sp and a pn. In my opinion the pn grovels not nearly as good als the sp and the pn surfs anything above hiphigh like a charm. Offcourse when it get's really hollow and high you need a stepup, but hey then you wouldn't be using your dom either. The spit, i've never surfend so i couldn't take it's shape into account.
                  I own one and I agree with this as well.

Comment

I absolutely agree! I got the 5'6" Potatonator about a month ago and am loving it with GMB 5 quads. (I am 5'10 and 175 lbs.) I have been beyond stoked on it in mushy 2-3ft surf the last few weeks but I finally got it out in some 3-5ft surf and was amazed at how well it handled the size. Paddles great, tons of speed, and super responsive. Originally I was too far forward but after adjusting and staying back on the tail the board feels perfect. I feel like I am getting at least 1-2 more turns per wave and am linking maneuvers better than I ever have before. It is really helping to progress my surfing and getting me in the water when I normally wouldn't be. I still love the Hellrazor in bigger/ hollow surf but couldn't be more pumped right now. Thanks FW!

Comment

Yah I had to surf the PN more off the backfoot for sure. What fins did you like on yours?

Comment

Originally posted by gkl68 View Post
                        Yah I had to surf the PN more off the backfoot for sure. What fins did you like on yours?
                        I have been riding the GMB 5 quads lately but just got the k 2.1 quads and a knubster. I have only tried the k 2.1s once so I can't really comment much but the board felt really responsive. I will try to use those more and give you my thoughts. The GMB 5s feel great but I haven't tried much else so I can't really compare.

Comment

GMB are larger template than the k2.1 tho. Are you right around 175lb to ride both? I'm only 150lb so trying to decide between K2.1 quads or pc5+gxq.

Comment

I am 170-175 so on the k2.1 are on the small side for me for me. I liked the k3s and got a great deal so I thought I would give it a try. First impression was that they felt fine but I have only surfed them once. For you both the k2.1 and PC5 should work really well. I would find a shop that demos fins as both are pretty similar. I don't think you can go wrong.

Comment

Well, great info. Since I'll be running 3 boards, I decided finally on a 5'3" Baked, 5'8" Spitfire and either a Chubby Chedda 5'11" or Unibrow 5'10" for a slight step-up to better waves. Leaning more towards the Chubby Chedda as it would increase the gap up from the 5'8" Spitfire a little better than the Unibrow I feel. I considered an Alternator or a something like standard shortboard for the shortboard, but truthfully, I find that here in San Diego, unless I'm surfing Blacks, or Oside on a bigger swell, the hybrids are usually all I ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X