Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah my ELF is just collecting dust these days, dont think i'd use it again untill I went on a trip somewhere with good waves. I dont need a good wave board either as we dont get good waves. So PN for me covers a lot of conditions

Comment

• Originally posted by Fazza View Post
      KDropin,

Do you find that there is a bit of wave crossover with your 601 Razor and you 508 Dom?

I did exactly what you are thinking about doing....sold my 508 Dom and bought a 506 FST Potatonato. I found that there was a lot of crossover between all three boards and i was not riding the Dom at all. Anything 1-5ft gutless waves i surfed the PNator and anything else with a bit of punch i could surf the Razor. For me the optimal range for the Dom was shoulder to head high and anything a bit smaller it was not as fun as the PNator. I have surfed the PNator in hip to head high waves and had an absolute blast.

All 3 are fun and have their place so it is a hard call......you may find a bit of crossover between the Spud and PNator, but if the waves have a bit more of a takeoff the PNator can handle the drop well.
      funny thing is i havent ridden the razor yet! waves have been weak and terrible and i had a broken finger for what seemed like forever it wouldn't heal.. anyways i surfed the dom the other day and waist plus weak swell (as we usually get here on the east coast usa) and was wishing i had my spud which i didn't bring.. but it got me thinking that the dom really has lost its spot in my quiver now that i have the razor from what i've been hearing can handle stomach+ as long as it has punch.. my friend surfed his nator and loved how it went in said conditions.
      i was thinking if i had a nator in a 5'8 would be so much better for the waist/stomach/chest conditions that are 7sec period weak waves. it b the same size as my current dom but would work better in the weaker wave.. 5'6 might be too small for the weak stuff.. i like my spud in the really small stuff. the dom just didn't want to go at all the other day and was frustrated.
      its a tough call for now i might just bring my spud/razor combo to every surf and c how it goes.. money's a lil tight

Comment

• I take my Razor and the PNator to every surf now.......its been a good combo for me. Mostly the waves in SW WA are reasonable punchy even when small so the PNator works really well. Had a few good surfs on the PNator in hip to shoulder high crossshore/onshore wind waves.

Comment

• The annual Firewire sale at Currumbin HQ last weekend has new boards showing up on Gumtree and Ebay now.
          There's an ad on Ebay for a "potato" which is actually a 5'8" FST potatonator with FCS plugs.

Comment

• how much to ship to us? ha

Comment

• Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
              The annual Firewire sale at Currumbin HQ last weekend has new boards showing up on Gumtree and Ebay now.
              Definitely, there's heaps of them on ebay at the moment!

Comment

• Has anyone tried MR TFX fins in the PN? Some on ebay at the moment with the trailer fin, not sure if their worth a shot, maybe the fronts with sf4 back fins??

Comment

• benny i think they would work fine, so long as that fin suits your style!! I know there are some folks out there who have used them, so chime in!!

Comment

Working...
                  X