Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5'10" will be massive,besides rides very differently to a longboard.

Comment

Yeah had a doubt in my mind it would be too big! Hard to say without seeing one to feel it up.

Was only to surf 1ft to 3ft waves....amazing if you can surf knee high waves like a shortboard as I dont really like taking the log out!!

Cheers

Comment

You can surf anywhere from 1-3ft with ease!!!!. This little thing flies!!!!! but you need to set your back foot on the kick of the tail pad. She's all about the sweet spot

Comment

How'z your potatonator going Iggy?

Comment

Demoed one last week!!!.Mine will be on the way veeeery soon!!!

Comment

Spit the chips....what size?
              What did you think?
              A bit of a review with thoughts about (and I mean about) the compare and contrast on it's relatives...The dominator and the sweet potato is what I would like to hear.

Comment

Well it was the 5'6".
                I find the Potatonator a very loose board for small waves, I would put it on the "high performance small wave" category. Since you can go smaller than the dominator keeping the same volume, the potatonator feels very alive and maneuverable and the double concave makes the board go rail to rail pretty efficiently.
                The only thing else I have to say is that I can't wait to get my own!!!!. For here is going to be THE BOARD!!!!

Comment

Noice!
                  What fins are you going to run it?
                  Be interested to see how others go with fin choice.
                  As I've remarked on the other thread I like quads but actually prefer the feel of both the FEA blackstix (thruster) and the FAMT robbers (twin + trailer) to the quad set up.

Comment

Well I'll be trtying the WCT when I get them or the Marzo's, don't know yet
                    For the moment the SOLUS are on teh lineup!!

Comment

Guy's, i recently posted regarding a Potatonator to compliment a 5'8'' Sub Scorcher and was just after some further clarification on the idea of these boards;

is the idea to stick to a volume inline with your everyday board, so in this case 27.3L, and therefore ride a 5'4'' @ 28.3L

or

is the idea to go a little shorter but pack in a bit more volume to provide more buoyancy in small weak surf and as opposed to hopping around like a chump, actually be able to surf, so maybe a 5'6''@ 30L

Any feedback on the boards or sizing preferences etc would be great

Many Thanks

Comment

It all depends on your preferences and how small of a board you have ever ridden. The thing when among to small wave boards, going too small will defeat the purpose of it when it comes to suit the low end of the small. Also by shortening the rail line some changes use be made in order to compensate.
                        In my case I'm 84Kg and like my boards on the 30lts range. When I got my first potato I was sckeptic of going too small since my smaller board at the time was a 5'8". So I ordered a 5'6" and after a few surfs I found it really over volumend. Fun on the really small stuff since I was catching anything and everything but when it came to performance it was just dragging a bit too much. That's why I changed for a 5'2" and could not be happier.Perfect for my day to day small stuff
                        It all depends what you want the board for and what conditions you regularly expect to surf it on.
                        What are your dims?.

Comment

Looking at your other posts, you're 5'7" and 155lbs right? Based on that I think the 5'4" would work well for you. Guys in the 170lbs range seem to be enjoying the 5'6".
                          That said, guys in the 170lbs range are also enjoying the 5'8" Sub Scorcher so it's down to you whether you think the small volume increase coupled with the shorter and wider outline will be enough for the small stuff or if you want a big volume jump also.

Comment

Prj is correct on the dims. I want this board for 1-3ft waves and have the ability to surf even on the marginal days.

When you mention shorter rail line and wider outline, is this ehat makes the board tick in small waves?

It seems to me that 27.3L of volume in the sub is ideal for chest plus and maybe punchy waist but would it not be better to increase volume for small waves?

Comment

Most people would yes. If you like the volume of the sub in better waves but find it lacking in weaker waves then i'd recommend going with the higher volume PN.

Comment

Originally posted by GLH_UK View Post
                                seems to me that 27.3L of volume in the sub is ideal for chest plus and maybe punchy waist but would it not be better to increase volume for small waves?
                                Yes indeed since the board will get shorter

Comment

Working...
                                X