X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plus Sized Potatonator?

Hello everyone! I will likely be buying a potatonator in the near future and could use some sizing help. It seems as though the general theme of the forum is to go smaller than what one might originally think... I recently took a demo on a 6'6" which was a blast. My dilemma is, do I buy the 6'6" (a known quantity) or go with the 6'4"? I am an intermediate surfer and am 6'4" 230lbs. Your thoughts would be appreciated!

If you had a blast on the 6'6" you don't need to think it much. Go for it Everybody is different and despite all the advices you can get, the ultimate weapon is the demo centres. You had the chance to try one, lucky you ;)

Comment

MMTommy, I am the same weight as you and consiidering either a 6"6" Potatonator (49.5ltr) or a 6'8" Spitfire (48.7ltr).
      How did the 6'6" feel? did you catch the waves easy and how did it turn? did you ride it as a quad or thruster?
      Keen to hear your feedback.
      The advice I've had so far is that 6'6" will have a very slightly larger wave range than the 6'4".

Comment

MM Tommy - Go for the 6'4, I'm 6'4/220lbs and have a 6'4 PN which is great. I probably should of bought the 6'2 or even 6'0. The 6'6 will just be to corky once you improve and hard to duck dive in bigger conditions. Enjoy, great board.

Comment

@MMTommy, if you could do all the maneuvers that you like to do on the 6'6 without any issues then go with that.

ALOHA!!

Comment

@Hooda, the Pnator and Spitfire are from two different categories. The Pnator is more of a hybrid (dom and potato). The Spitfire is a performance hybrid which is closer to a standard shortboard. You will definitely have more fun on the Pnator.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Working...
            X