X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCS Thruster recommendation

I'm looking for a good set of fins that would work on a 5'10 Potatonator. I usually ride it as a quad, but I'm looking for some stability once it gets overhead. With that said, I would also like for them to work on smaller waves. Thanks!

What quad set are you using? It might depend a bit on your answer but for that size and style I'd be looking at R2, G-AM, MF1 fins in a thruster.

Comment

I'm currently riding Large H-3 fronts with Gx rears.

For those riding the Potatonator as a thruster, please tell me your setup and how it rides.

Cheers

Comment

I started out riding mine as a quad but found I prefer it as a thruster in chest to shoulder high and up especially if the wave is steeper or hollow I started with GMB 5's which I find are pretty good next I tried Kinetik racing JP 5's but they are a little to directional above chest high

Comment

Hey Jleon,

I am thinking that you should also consider going with 2 sets of fins. In my opinion, a fin set that would anchor that board in overhead surf would be much different from the set that you rock hen its a fair bit smaller.

If it were me, i would be on a stable thruster like the PC-5s and then a quad like the SF4 when its smaller. That way you exploit the benefits of your fins rather than force them into conditions they aren't optimized for.

Cheers

Comment

@Chris how bout a quad set with Deviant knubster fin (modified)? some guys in the water are sporting modified Deviant fins and they are killin it.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Has anyone tried MR-TFX twin+trailer setup on the Potatonator and can give a comparison vs quads?

Comment

Rode it as a quad in overhead and like people said before, its all technique. I have been doing a lot of training with a Carver/Smoothstar skateboards and mu backfoot surfing is confident enough for the bigger waves in a quad. It only took a month of training.

Comment

Jleon, I think it depends on the type of wave too. You can definitely ride bigger if the wave is slow and slopey.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Working...
                  X