Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Koala, happy to hear that! My pre ordered Potatonator should be here in a week or so now....can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What size & type of waves have you been out in on it?

Comment

• Hey Koala,
      I think I may have met you one morning at Alex about a month or so ago.

Comment

• Thanks for the great words Koala!! Rip that thing! Post a few pics if you ever get some.

Comment

• Just tried the AMT's with 3 SB1 trailers which worked really well in a peaky 3' swell.
          I've been using the AMTs with their trailer and wanted a bit more hold in the tail.
          Next I'll try the Blackstix EAs with the 3 trailers.
          Attachment Attachment
          BTW I'm 92 kgs and so for me it's not too much fin area but I'm going to try the Blackstix to see how they feel with the 3 small trailers anyway.
          I also have a deviant fin to try as well.
          Well actually I have two.
          One in Futures base and one in FCS base to try in another FCS shod board.
          Attachment
          Attached Files
          Last edited by cuttlefish; 06-03-2012, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• that's a ton of fin, ha!! Let us know how that goes!

Thanks!

Comment

• im 100kgs, ride a 6 2 PN so would be interested in how that All In fin set up would go? Drag? Tracking? I have just taken a spare rear trailer, and modifying it to the knubster deimensions. I would test it but the surf is like 15ft so wont be anytime soon! haha.

Ive ridden my PN with the AMT/Trailer set up and found its fast but just as usual, on backhand its hard to handle. I just find that once the waves get up over 3ft and hollow, there is to much tail area, and becomes unsteady. but thats just my feedback :)

Thanks yall

Comment

• The Amt's with the 3 sb1 trailers felt really good in 3' plus pitching beachbreaks the other day.
                I find I can slide the tail out easily with the Amt's and its normal trailer when pushing hard in cutbacks.
                hence the experimentation.
                With the Amt's and sb1's I had the hold in the cutbacks. No feeling of drag and definitely not tracky for me. A little centre knubster could be be the go however if you did try the Amt's and 3 X sb1's and found it has too much hold.
                Tried it the next day when it was only 2' and gutless, high tide with EA blackstix in the front and kept on bogging my forward rail in turns.
                So I paddled back in and put the deviant fin in with the EA blackstix.
                Buttery smooth turns.
                If you have quad fins I'd be putting them in Jonbro. I like the p'nator as a thruster in sub 3' and then it feels good as a quad in more solid waves. Especially on my backhand. You could even use the Amt's with regular quad rears for lots of drive and hold in the tail.
                Easy for big guys like us to overpower standard sized fins and we can easily run a lot of fin area that lighter guys wouldn't be able to turn with.
                Here on the Sunshine coast it's a mind blowing 1' (on the sets). A lot of people turning up to see the flatness due to the hype.

Comment

• 1 ' cuttle thats generous, had the smallest surf ever today, even to small for sweet p, probably to small to body surf, checked the bluff quickly today and for the first time i can remember, not a sole in the water, not even one, even up towards the club and beyond, where is this swell? day or two late i think,

sun coast
                  Last edited by suncoastslop; 06-06-2012, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• Funny cause I have always found quads or twinnies frustrating on my back hand, hence why I prefer thrusters. I must say the speed from quads is great,especially on weak full waves but as soon as it gets a little punchie, thruster for me :)

Well you guys maybe flat but we had deadmans doing a great impression of shippies or ours. Is suppose to smooth out tomorrow so can only imagine those with steel ones out in abundance haha. Check out local pulling into a huge slab!

http://www.coastalwatch.com/news/art...ne%206,%202012

Comment

• Had another fun session on my 6. Waist to chest. Fast drops but not alot of push once up and running due to the higher tide. Pn still surfed great. Really fast and maneuverable. Normally would have had my sp or fish out but this rode better than both. For anyone who is struggling or bogging down on the Dom or spit in small waves this is te board for you. Very happy with it. Rastas seem to be working well backhand and front.

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgumby View Post
                        Hey Koala, happy to hear that! My pre ordered Potatonator should be here in a week or so now....can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What size & type of waves have you been out in on it?
                        Hi surfgumby, anywhere from 1 to 3 foot, slightly hollow but mainly a little full. A friend of mine has a Sweetpotato 5'6'', and I found it a little twichy on the the larger wave where the Potatornator seems to bite in nicely.

Comment

• Hey cuttlefish, Yes I was thinking the same when I started to read these threads. Cool!!

Comment

• yeah jon i am kind of with you on the quad thing. backside thrusters feel way better for me too. much more precise...

Comment

• Just picked up my 5'8" Potatonator and heading down to my favourite South Coast spot for an early surf in the morning. Only have PC3 and PC5 thruster sets to try at the moment until I work out which Quad set to buy......full report then!

Hey Surf Gumby has yours landed yet?

Comment

• Looking forward to hearing what you think Goanna.

Comment

Working...
                                X