X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by suncoastslop View Post
    1 ' cuttle thats generous, had the smallest surf ever today, even to small for sweet p, probably to small to body surf, checked the bluff quickly today and for the first time i can remember, not a sole in the water, not even one, even up towards the club and beyond, where is this swell? day or two late i think,

sun coast
    Didn't it deliver though?
    What a crazy run of swell off that low.

Comment

• Does anyone in the Sydney area know of any shops with Demo FCS fins for my new Potatonator?

Comment

• yup cuttle sure did, and have had a busted rib for all of it,,,,spewin, sweet p has been grounded, hopefully some more lows before we return to summer slop

Comment

• Originally posted by Goanna View Post
          Does anyone in the Sydney area know of any shops with Demo FCS fins for my new Potatonator?
          Goanna, I demoed a Potatonator with Large Simon Anderson Quad fins. They felt so right for that board. Big enough to create tons of drive and upright enough to make pivoty turns. I havent got the coin yet for a new Potatonator but if you like the Simon Quad fins and want a set that are in perfect nick then let me know. I highly recommend you try that set before you buy anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
            Goanna, I demoed a Potatonator with Large Simon Anderson Quad fins. They felt so right for that board. Big enough to create tons of drive and upright enough to make pivoty turns. I havent got the coin yet for a new Potatonator but if you like the Simon Quad fins and want a set that are in perfect nick then let me know. I highly recommend you try that set before you buy anything else.
            Thanks for the feedback Fan - just curious, what size potatonator was it and how much do you weigh?

Comment

• If anyone was likely to demo fins I reckon that'd be Dripping Wet or Aloha at Manly, or Jacksons down your way. I don't know if they do or dont though - worth a phone call at least.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Fan - just curious, what size potatonator was it and how much do you weigh?
                It was a 5'10 and I weigh 85kgs and am 41 turning 42. I was riding a 5'10 Spit before that but figure I want extra foam for the small stuff. Hope that helps.

Comment

It was a 5'10 and I weigh 85kgs and am 41 turning 42. I was riding a 5'10 Spit before that but figure I want extra foam for the small stuff. Hope that helps.
                  Thanks Fan - I am 86kg and 43. I have the 5'8" Potatonator - what are your thoughts with the large Simon's for that board?

Comment

Thanks Fan - I am 86kg and 43. I have the 5'8" Potatonator - what are your thoughts with the large Simon's for that board?
                    Hey mate..I demoed a 5'8 and it was great but I think the 5'10 is more my size for the small waves I want to surf it in..I only want it for knee to waist high. After that I will use other boards. I just cant find anyone that has a 5'10 PN to demo....but in the 5'8 it felt right with those fins in....I dont think I have the coin but...been looking at my quiver for boards that I may sell to fund one...just want to know it compares with the SP. How do you find the SP v the PN?

Comment

Hey mate..I demoed a 5'8 and it was great but I think the 5'10 is more my size for the small waves I want to surf it in..I only want it for knee to waist high. After that I will use other boards. I just cant find anyone that has a 5'10 PN to demo....but in the 5'8 it felt right with those fins in....I dont think I have the coin but...been looking at my quiver for boards that I may sell to fund one...just want to know it compares with the SP. How do you find the SP v the PN?
                      hey Fan - posted on your other thread.

Comment

• sure would love the pnator to come up on the compare chart on the website...want to see that nose and tail before i order one from somewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by kbsurfer View Post
                          sure would love the pnator to come up on the compare chart on the website...want to see that nose and tail before i order one from somewhere
                          Couldnt agree more..its holding me off pulling the trigger on one.

Comment

• Yeah, I got tired of waiting, posted twice trying to find out when it was going up on the compare boards program but no joy so just went into the local firewire shop with a tape measure & measured one up!

Comment

• sorry guys. priorities i guess...

Comment

• I've got a 6'4" eps/high tech, round tailed hybrid from an Aussie shaper that has been sorely neglected since I got my potatonator.
                                Took it for a paddle in some 1-1.5' clean waves this morning.
                                This board is made as a grovellor.
                                I purposely left my potatonator at home.
                                Tried riding the board with Indo controllers in it.
                                2 waves and decided it sucked. Wide tailed quads are the match for these fins.
                                Plain and simple.
                                Put the regular quad fins back in it and went to get some more waves.
                                Kicking myself the whole time..."Why Oh why did I not bring the potatonator"?
                                Instead of getting short little rides with bogged turns and getting turned into a kook I would have been zipping around on the easy planing potatonator.
                                Lesson learned.
                                Don't leave home without the potatonator.
                                It's that good.
                                Last edited by cuttlefish; 06-25-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X