X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww

is that back at spot x the next day??....slowman has smoke comin' out his ears trying to work out where it is...!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goanna View Post
      A sequence of a mate of mine doing his best on a 5'4" Potatonator in very weak 1-2ft waves.

click photo to enlarge!

Attachment
      i think this might have finally convinced me to get the potatonator... thats exactly what i want it for 1-3ft b4 i get on my razor.. surf more like a shortboard then my potato
      Attached Files

Comment

• Kdropin

Ive had a great month on my 6'0. Finally is clicking. Had it out in post sandy hurricanes swell and it went mental in clean waist to shoulder waves. I have no reason to take out my Dom Or my sp. it's become my daily driver. SO nice to just take One board to the beach. Go for it. Just don't go too big. I'm 185 to 190 and would be fine on the 510. Going to downsize to fst by spring. It's a paddles great and flies down the line.

Comment

• Some people take a lot of convincing...but I told you all so!
          Chuckle....

Comment

• yeah gotta sell my dom first so i have some money. i want to see what comes out board wise for next year as well.. also i can't even get to whats left of the beach here anyways.. everything is destroyed from hurricane sandy.. warzone destruction. no power/gas, homes/lives destroyed

Comment

• Originally posted by kdropin View Post
              yeah gotta sell my dom first so i have some money. i want to see what comes out board wise for next year as well.. also i can't even get to whats left of the beach here anyways.. everything is destroyed from hurricane sandy.. warzone destruction. no power/gas, homes/lives destroyed
              Sorry to hear about the destruction. My spot survived thank god. Hope you get power up soon.

Comment

• Sorry to hear kdropin. Hope things come together quickly for you guys.

Comment

• Well after a well anticipated 3 weeks, I was able to go for a little surf 2 days ago. Brought along my potatonator 5'8". 86Kgs 5/4 wetsuit with 7mm boots and 2mm gloves.
                  The board paddled like a breeze, catching waves no problem.
                  Yesterday I had one of the most memorable sessions I've had in a looong time at River Mouth in Ogunquit. Waves were powerful thick head to over head high. Had the pnator set as a thruster with the Solus. Wanted to put the AM@ but the center fin of the solus is stuck in the plug again!. Water was pretty foamy so paddle through all that foam was pretty eerie. First wave comes in, over head loong wall,paddle,late take off, nose barely pearling on my way down but as soon as the fins and the rail engaged... PAW, got shoot forward like a bullet. I can't recall going so fast on a board!!!. On the carves the board felt a bit too loose, wish I would have had the AM2 on the board.
                  This board can handle speed!!!!. Can't wait for the Vanguard to get to me!!!

Comment

• Well done iggy i have 5.8 PN really nice board. Do you think is too much overlap with Spitfire 5.8?
                    What size of Vanguard did you order?

Comment

• Vanguard I went with Chris's recommendation and my gut feel and ordered the 5'6".
                      Yeha I would think if you have to choose between the 2 boards I would go for the pnator just because it covers a wider arrange of conditions. On the other hand if I would know that I will be surfing the board in better conditions most of the time Id go for the spit.
                      If you have a board for better conditions, lets say the hellrazor/alternator/flex fire, I will go for the pnator no doubt.

Comment

• Thanks iggy.
                        My SP 5.6 sold because was big and now i am with PN 5.8 and MB 6.0 search for something between to replace my trusty futura.Try 5.10 Spit but was too big and i think overlap alot with PN.

Comment

• on ya iggy... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwww

Comment

• Attachment Attachment Attachment

Yayy my 5'10 just arrived. First impressions it feels really nice. Cant wait to give it a go, but as usual when I buy a new board the waves pack up for a week or 2 just to torment me Bah! Will have to be content with just looking at it for a while hehe.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Went out last weekend and traded my 6'0 rf pnator for a 5'10 in fst. Only able to take it on in dumpy On shore junk the next day. Nothing great to ride. Today conditions were still dumpy due to a bad swell angle and messed up sand bars from hurricane sandy but I did manage a nice left and right. No problems transitioning from the bigger board. Feels just right under my arms and in the water. I bought it without checking the fin system so I can't use my Rasta futures. So bumbed. Using my stretch s4s. Have a mayhem GmbB set too I'll try. So far on my two good rides it felt solid. Def don't want to go too big on the board for anyone interested in buying.

Comment

• Would be interested to hear how the Mayhems go Bumper, as Im considering a set if the controllers dont work out. They look sick.

Comment

Working...
                                X