Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haha - thanks Piha - yup I got the butt thing going
    thanks Prjwebb - good input
    FWFan - waves I surf are generally fairly clean with a bit of push, so I can get away with a little less buoyancy than people in most spots - at 30l the potatonator 5'6" has got more volume than any of my other FW boards
    I also think that as soon as you go overly thick on FW's you lose a lot of the flex components that make the FW's so special, so its a fine balance between being under-buoyant and and getting the zing from the boards
    but at the same time - I do think this board should be surfed a little thicker cause it really is for waves when you'd prob be longboarding...
    I'll let you know how it goes

Comment

• Compre un Potatonator 5´8" mi peso es de 75 kg. la estoy usando quad fins Future Strech es una maravilla, muy suelta y rapida en olas de 3´la recomiendo altamente.

Comment

• Miguel Angel y donde estas utilizando la tabla? Que tipo de olas?. Yo tengo la mia desde hace ya casi un aņo y la verdad esque es una maravilla, se ha convertido en mi go to board.
        Yo se que mucha gente la prefiere en quad pero la verdad es que yo desde que le monte el set de 3 quillas SOLUS no se las he quitado, va de maravilla para las condiciones donde la surfeo normalmente.
        A ver cuando tengas un tiempo cuelgas unas fotillos

Comment

• impressive iggy

Comment

• Yeah i know it, i went in there but it was gone... thats why i asked!!! they had a 6-4 but thats way to big of a step up from a 5-10 :0

Comment

• tried the potatonator
              managed to get a demo and took it for a few spins
              not for me
              had a similar prob with the hellfire
              I realised that I like fairly neutral bottom contours on my boards, and with the V/double concave thingy I just wasn't coming right
              lots of people will like this board tho
              paddles like a dream and was very forgiving
              good little small wave board
              got the Activator instead - enjoying it heaps
              will write a review on that

Comment

• Deon JBay,
                You should try the Spitfire...it doesn't have the single to double concave like those boards. it only has a slight single concave at the top half.
                ALOHA!!

Comment

• Agreed with hawaii boy, the spitfire is one board you should try, pretty functional and cover a wide arrange of conditions.
                  Maybe you want a take a look as well at the unibrow. More aggressive bottom contours but it will still feel familiar

Comment

• Hey cuttle, any updates on the 6'4, interested to hear your thought on the volume upgrade, plus the switch to fst, now you have had the bigger pn a while

Suncoast

Comment

• Wife headed off OS today.
                      Prior to that needed to find some quick cash to help fund her jaunt.
                      Put the 6'4" in Beachbeat for a quick sale.
                      Thankfully no one has bought it.
                      Will go and rescue it in a couple of days.
                      It was in the shop during that last swell.
                      Would have been great to have for first point.
                      Such a good paddler.
                      Every so often I wanted a little more rail line than the 6'2 had when it was 4' plus.
                      Got my bottom end groveller sorted so the potatonator is still the choice for 3-5' with overlap into my 4' plus board.

Comment

• cuttle, groveller ? are we still talking bp? btw surfed the sp in that last swell at that point with varied results, so much speed but felt i needed more board under me,

suncoast

Comment

• Not sure if I should mention what I'm using as a bottom end groveller right now on here.

Comment

• Cuttle, your amongst friends, do tell, do you still have a bp?

Suncoast

Comment

• Negative.
                              Wouldn't mind another one in technograin though.

Comment

• so firewireless?

suncoast

Comment

Working...
                                X