X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
    Oh and the other thing I forgot to add is...you are both probably better surfers than me...lol.
    Naaaaaaaa dont think so

Comment

• thanks for the words fellas....im thinking the 5'10 is calling my name.....I'm trying to scrounge the loot to have one for this upcoming swell here in florida. yep we actually are getting waves.

Comment

• Well, I've been potatonator-less for long enough. Was almost enticed into buying a 5'9" baked potato technigrain. But the potatonator famine needs to end. I want another 6'2" in rapid fire with fcs plugs.

Comment

• Hell yes cuttle, it wasn't feeling right that the man who 'reviewed' me into buying a potatonator wasn't surfing one himself anymore. Welcome back.

Comment

• Hay cuttlefish if you want a 5'9" baked potato, Rapid fire in mint condition give me a hoy before I take it into Beach beat would save you some dollars Iv'e dropped down to a 5'7"
            Last edited by ONeal; 06-22-2013, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• nice pics! Cuttlefish, are you riding it more in slopey waves or hallow ones?

ALOHA!!

Comment

• Forum's changed it's layout and so might take me a while to figure out how to navigate around it. O'neall, thanks but I'll hang out for a 6'2" potatonator. The baked won't take long to be sold at Beachbeat anyways. Every time I walk in there and go anywhere near the board racks (which is anytime I walk through the door btw) the boys threaten to call my wife. Hawaii Boi, the waves around my locale are plenty slopey most of the time. But every dog has its day.

Comment

• Hi Sven, You know I reckon my little thread has sparked quite a few potatonator purchases since it started. Stoked if I turned anyone onto such a great board design. Maybe Firewire will start internet sponsorships and swing me a board.

Comment

• Interesting read. I was looking at a 600 PN, but now might look at a 602.

Comment

• Timbertek potatonators...maybe there is a god!

Comment

• Can I hijack this post as I don't know how to start my own.
                        Sweet Potato or Baked Potato or Potatonator > Advice please??
                        Hi guys, would really appreciate your help. I'm replacing my existing boards (6'0 fish, 8'0 mini-mal) with 2x new boards and need some decision making assistance please
                        I'm an intermediate surfer and above average fitness for a 38 yr old , 5'10 tall @ 80kgs
                        Firewire Volume Calculator says 34-39 litres in weak waves and 33-36 litres in good waves. Using this calculator http://surfshopsaustralia.com.au/ide...e-short-board/ it says I need about 38 litres for a short board.
                        The majority of my surfing is on average quality waves, often mushy or closeout beach breaks and on the odd occasion a cleaner (bigger) point break and/or jet ski tow-in's.
                        • 1-3ft (2-5ft faces) rubbishy waves when I'm at the beach with wifey and kids, hence I'm looking at the 5'6 Sweet Potato for a "anytime" surf.
                        • 3-5ft waves (5-9ft faces) when waves are better, hence the interest in the 5'5 Baked Potato and 5'10 or 6'0 Potatonator (or 6'2 Spitfire/Double agent??).
                        I really want to get my wave count up, my current short board has insufficient volume as I find it hard to catch waves, but once I'm up, I hold my own.
                        Keen to hear your opinions…. cheers

Comment

• Founts, at the top left of the Potatonater forum main page is a +New Topic button, if i was you i would start again as this thread is ancient, cuttlefish was a grommet when he 1st posted "back in the day" as Joe Turpel keeps saying on the ASP commentary. You can just copy and paste this to a new page. I dont know much about any of these boards apart from ordering a 6'4" potatonater coming soon, but i reckon 38 litres sounds right, 6'2 spitfire is around the mark or 6ft Dom. I have ridden Doms and love them, they paddle really well and are easy to turn. The Spitfire from what i have read is similar and will go better as the waves get bigger and steeper. I have been swayed to the potatonater for waist to just overhead waves. i think the SP and BP would be better suited to slower waves where you would probably ride your mal. I have been surfing my tuflite fish lately and have really struggled to catch waves on it as well, with a stiff offshore breeze all my takeoffs were late and i was getting caught behind. I think i will go back to my Dom and ride it as a minimal. My fish goes great when im on the wave but i would rather get on them easier first.

Comment

• founts
                            founts commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Cheers Keith - Appreciate your comments
                        Working...
                        X