Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactely!! I think this might help people understand the board a bit better. Core took a similar pic on his hellfire.
    Can't wait to try one of those potatonators...

Comment

Here ya go Iggy.
      Attachment
      Bugger, you'll have to turn your computer monitor on end to see this one properly.
      Attachment
      Attached Files

Comment

Great looking board!

Comment

Still thinking about how good a top turn/gouge I was able to pull off on that baby this morning.
          Yeahhh! (old school yeeeww).

Comment

Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
            Still thinking about how good a top turn/gouge I was able to pull off on that baby this morning.
            Yeahhh! (old school yeeeww).
            Sounds like true love :-}

Comment

Cuttlefish,

Thanks for the great summary. I am the same age and weight as you and find the 6'6 Dom is perfect for 2' to 4' conditions. I find the 6'4 Dom hard to paddle. How does the 6'2 potatonator compare to the Dom in paddling ease?

One thing I dislike about the Sweet Potato is the wide girth of the nose. It seems to resist forward momentum when paddling. Is the 'nator better in this regard?

Comment

Thanks buddy!!!! that's exactly what was talking about!!

Comment

Hi Roger,
                  I've just posted on what you're talking about on the Baked potato thread re nose width and paddling.
                  Have a look at that.
                  I'm right with you on the two Dom sizes (having surfed both) and the 6'2" poatonator paddles very similarly to the 6'6" Dom.
                  You'll find the potatonator will let you surf in smaller waves like you do on the Dom in larger ones.

Comment

It sounds like a great small wave board, still surfing as a short board.

Comment

Nice looking board Cuttles....looks like the Dumpling/Wasp will be on evil bay soon. I look forward to a ride report when you ve set it up as a quad

PS Stop the spud bashing it has its place in high tide mush! I am getting quite attached to mine which is almost a year old and holding up well, lets see how long it is before the potaonator ends up in the insinkerator;)

Comment

Forgot to add i like the nose, fairly flat with a nice amount of lift.......you need to rake up those leafs in your driveway. Whats this blobby spud business, ample proportions yes, but blobby!
                        When we catch up for a surf I ll lend you the Controllers out of my.......blobby board. I reckon that they are biz for a wider tail, certainly more drive and errr control than the stretch fins that i had.....but i guess your board is not so blobby:)

Comment

Ha ha!
                          Don't tell me your nose is put out?
                          Rake up the leaves...Acre and a half of bloody great big gum trees. Some people have snow, we have gum tree leaves, falling like snow.
                          The waves were definitely not sweet potato waves yesterday afternoon. 3-4' with plenty of sucky takeoffs. Potatonator no worries on the forehand but I'm looking for more control on my backhand.
                          The takeoffs on my backhand revealed the limits of the blackstix (thruster) in the wide tail.
                          Could be time to try some controllers but the Stretchs may do the trick as well.
                          Don't want to take away from the vertical attack.

Comment

cuttle have you tried a 4+knub??

I agree, the tail is a little wide for just a thruster set at times

Comment

A knubster may be the answer for you Cuttles, you probably wouldnt require the larger Controller fins then and you would save a bit of coin. I ll still give you a spin on mine at some tho despite everything lol! On a side note, Lets see what baldy rides at snapper this weekend......anyways I look forward to further froth re your fins etc
                              Is the potatonator a potential one board quiver or a good DD? Will there a broad bean and Wasp on evil bay shortly...

Comment

Broad bean (sorry guys, it's not a Firewire) is a keeper.
                                Have to get the super speed of the Potatonator on the backhand in 3' plus worked out.
                                Between the Potatonator and the Broad bean I've got most conditions covered.
                                Fun...
                                I'll pick up the Stretch's tomorrow and give them a whirl.
                                Also have an SB1 (if memory serves correctly) and I think I can get another one to add so that I could use the EA thrusters with two SB1's in the rear quad boxes for some extra bite.
                                I'll try anything!
                                Then I can try the Stretch quads with the SB1 in the centre box as well.
                                Haven't seen any knubs for Futures. Do they exist?
                                Last edited by cuttlefish; 02-25-2012, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X