X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-nator vs V2 rocket

Soooooooo.... What's the difference? Pnator carries more volume, but overall the dimensions are very similar. I'm looking for 2 boards. A unibrow/mini driver and something for waves up to head high.

The V2 is a more refined, higher performance board I'd say. More rocker too, although I'm not sure how much it's been lowered from the original Rocket.

Comment

I would say a v2 and mini driver would be nice two board setup.

Comment

Yeah the V2 is more refined for sure, not as chunky as the pnatpr. I would dare to say the V2 is closer to the spitfire than to the pnator

Comment

justo at the same length, the Pnator has more volume and is wider. A key difference would be the wings on the V2. The tail on the V2 is narrower too.

ALOHA!!

Comment

You definitely can't go wrong with the PN. I love that board and tons of people rave about that board on the forum. Personally, I have not gotten a chance yet to ride a V2, but I'm sure it goes well too. I do think the PN will take on smaller waves a little better than the V2, and I agree with what Iggy says about the V2 being more refined - this would make the V2 seem a little more "short-boardy".

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

the potatonator might be my new favorite board.. another sik session on it today.. rips the bag with the sf4 quad

Comment

Yeeeewwwwww

Comment

I saw a 6' V2 today and its one sweet board. Much closer to a spitfire, but more foam under the chest, more tail rocker, less width in the tail, and more flip in the nose. I'll be placing an order this week.

Comment

the v2 outperforms the pnator in small surf from my experience. my v2 has a bit more volume than my pnator but feels way more snappy. The volume on the v2 is further up under the chest so easy to get into waves but the thinner narrower tail has a more shortboardy feel on the face.

Comment

I have to agree with Coast there. The V2 IMHO out performs the PN in many aspects I still feel the PN takes it on the really low end but I ended up buying a baked for those days anyway. The V2 fits in to two board or three board nicely.
                      If you donít need a super grovel board the V2 covers as a daily driver for the average guy? As Matt B says this is 99% of us? Then add a better bigger wave board of choice ex Rock up, V4 to keep the V team going, MB ,CC the list is endless.

Comment

Coast and pmorgan, can you say anything about the V2 compares to other boards in this category? Original Rocket, Spitfire, White Diamond, etc...

Comment

csarqul. I havent ridden any of the boards you mentioned. I have a Hellfire, Alternator, Sweet Potato and of course the V2. Sold the Potatonator. I was considering the spitfire and V2 to fit the same role in my setup but went V2 which carries about the same volume with 2 inches more length which I like for paddling. Rode the v2 in shoulder high soft fat waves today and scored the most waves out of the 30 or so ppl in the lineup including long boarders.

Comment

I think com pairing the v2 to the PN is pointless they are very different boards. Think of the v2 as a more short short board with a diamond tail. It's closest Fw boulder be the Sp but it's a similar outline to the subscorcher just a tad fuller in the 12" back nose area but foiled out at the tail nose. It rides more like a conventional short board what ever that is any more.

Comment

Thanks for the descriptions. It's helpful. I need to fill the bottom end of quiver. I'm talking 2ft gutless waves.

Comment

Working...
                              X