X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More PN size advice..

Hi Have been reading this forum and looking at 5'4 PN. I'm 77kgs, int/adv surfer and the volume is roughly middle of where I'm usually at. Usually surf 1-4ft beachies. Think the board would be a good fit? Smallest board I've had was a 5'8 Ozzie, great fast board but a bit big in the arse n volume to really pivot in the pocket. Cheers!!

It will for sure require adaptation for the shortening in lenth,but you will get used to. In my case the smallest I've ridden is the sweet potato 5'2" @ 82Kgs and it took me a few waves before getting the hand of it. But for sure 5'4" sounds goods

Comment

Thanks Iggy.
      I'm having a tough time deciding between PN and timbertek Unibrow (5'9). Anyone ridden both to compare? I guess the Uni is more hi-perf, and the PN a hybrid, but it's a hard choice.
      Any comments greatly appreciated.

Comment

Also look at the LOst V2 rocket it's similar to the PN but I think would have in the porformance area.

Comment

Also look at the v2 rocket it looks a real nice board more edge over the PN.

Comment

ridden both and right now i'm liking my potatonator better.. had another unreal session on it this past weekend in waist to chest wedgy beachbreak.. so fast and loose

Comment

The PN is part of the "potato" series - so geared towards small surf. I don't surf my PN in anything bigger than 4ft. The ideal range for that board is 1 - 3ft. For the Unibrow, the range is closer to 4-6ft. The nice thing about the UB is that it will still work in 3ft surf. So if the waves by where you live are mostly on the smaller side with occasional bigger days then I'd suggest the PN. If the waves are mostly medium sized with some standout days, then the UB will be more up your alley.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Picked up a 5'6 PN and some new quad trailers. Will def. give feedback on this fantastic forum as to how she goes. Now, praying for swell!

Comment

Working...
                X