Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatonator or Sweet Potato for Sri Lanka / longboard waves?

As title, have the opportunity to take one of these boards 6' 0" PN or 5' 8" Sweet Potato.

Only managed to ride the PN once, and haven't rode the Sweet Potato yet, just wondering if anyone who's been to Sri Lanka has an opinion?

From memory (I went there a while back but couldn't really surf) the waves where we are a 'longboard' waves

Should mention, also taking 6' 10" Addvance, I'm not a great surfer, 40 yrs sold, 80kg.

Thanks
    Last edited by reserves; 10-23-2013, 01:08 PM.

Where are you heading? Small Arugam Bay would be very fun on either!

Comment

Welligama, late November :)

Comment

• Phill
        Phill commented
        Editing a comment
        Dunno where that is! :D

In the South, I think the East works at a different time of the year. Main point being that they are traditionally 'longboard' type waves

Comment

In the South, I think the East works at a different time of the year. Main point being that they are traditionally 'longboard' type waves

Comment

take both

Comment

than 6'10 addvance and SP and PN in mentionned dims seems weird...if 6'10 addvance feels ok , you shoouldn t be able to surf SP and BN in 6 an 5 8...they would be way to small...

Comment

• reserves
              reserves commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, I'm pretty new to surfing but coming from skateboarding / snow, I've been loving the 6' 10" Addvance but when i'm up it's feels big.

Tried a 6' 0" potatonator on an off chance, didn't think I would get waves but it didn't feel too bad, caught a few waves and enjoyed the smaller board.

I'm taking the Addvance as the safe option, the PN or SP is my 'if it goes well' board, I'm there for 2 weeks so hope I can at least try out one of the boards...

well

Comment

bring the PN than, it s more versatile, if waves gets good... let me know how it was , i want to travel there...;)

Comment

Yes the PN would get my vote too, because it is more versatile. It will handle better waves than the SP but still grovel.

Comment

PN yeeew!

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

I have both... had the SP first and loved it for small stuff - a real longboard competitor, but it won't drop in on anything steep at all.
                    The PN is as good on the small stuff, paddles as well, and it'll work on the quicker steeper swell.
                    I'm selling the SP - no need for the both.

Comment

Potatonator working great over here in Sri Lanka! Great waves great times

Comment

Good times, back home. If you get the chance to go to Sri Lanka then head there.

https://www.facebook.com/thegreenroomssrilanka

Comment

Working...
                        X