Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatonator For Mex??

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you could tell me the best size potatonator for a low end Intermidiate surfer. 5'10 and 88kg heading to Mexico for 6 months. Was looking at a 602 but volume calculator said 604??

Any help appreciated!!!

Cheers

I rode my 5'8" at 95kg. I would think minimum 5'10 PN max 6'0" at your weight would have plenty of float - but if you are still in the early stages of learning maybe 6'2".
    It depends how steep a learning curve you want.
    Good luck with it!

Comment

Thanks heaps for the advice.. Will let you know how i go!!!!

Comment

Get the 60. After 2-4 weeks you'll think the 602 is too big. Your body responds to the requirements of the board and your muscles will catch up with the requirements. In fact you'll probably lose some weight. Just be prepared for some initial frustration.

Basically, buy at the low end of the recommended range. Especially for 6 months in Mexico. Jealous! Maybe you should anticipate the movement to intermediate and the loss of 5kg.

Just in case, rent or buy a funboard or longboard for the super small days or super long paddles to distant lineups.

Comment

I agree with coldsponga. After that much time surfing good waves you'll definitely progress. That being said, you don't want to feel like you're stuck with too much volume. You can definitely go with the low end of the PN range as coldsponga said - in fact I think the board works better for most people that way.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Working...
          X