No announcement yet.
Best step up from PN in rounder waves? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best step up from PN in rounder waves?

Love the PN in 1-4ft waves, good drive, turns and stable.
    Problem is, due to the flat nose rocker, I've found the nose will dig in rounder barrely waves, even when small.
    Found that I can adjust somewhat by putting a bit of extra weight on the tail....but not ideal.

Qu is, what would be a good step up from PN in hollower waves? I like the look of the Unibrow...any other tips?
    I'm 75kgs, int-adv...usually surf 1-4ft waves at home, 2-8ft waves on trips, cheers.

Agreed! Potatonator is an amazing board. I just had the best surf session of the year on it in shoulder to head high surf. Almost grabbed my hellrazor but it was petty soft on a high tide and I was glad to have my Potatonator. When the waves get steeper the hellrazor is perfect!

As the guys are saying above, the HZ is a pretty awesome board for hollow, fast surf, and that sounds like what you're looking for.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Yeah the Hellrazor works really well in hollow surf it has great rocker in the nose and tail, really stays under foot, you can trust it in critical surf.

Also looking at a stepup to my Pnator. Wont be surfing anything higher then head high, Razor the go or is a Chubby enough? Slowly advancing to intermediate and weigh in at around 71kg. At home i need a 3/2 and 5/4 (with hood,boots,gloves). Surfing a 5,8 pnator and love it but struggling when the waves get steeper and faster, might be a bit overvolumed but i only get around 60 surfdays a year. What board and size would you recommend?