X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatonator Size?

I'm 6-0, 175 lbs, 37 yrs old and an intermediate surfer. I'm looking at the potatonator for small, mushy waves up to head high waves in FL. Is this the right board? What size should I get?

great board....think 506 or 508!!!

Comment

Either that or the spitfire although for the mush you get there I think the potatonator 5'8" will suit better due to the chunkier tail which will help you to deal with the conditions

Comment

Was gunna get the spitfire, but my buddy at my local shop would not stop telling how much more fun i would have on the Potatonator. im an alright surfer. i weigh 170 and im 5'9. what sizee?!?

Comment

5'6" or 5'8", I'd def lean to 5'6" myself

Comment

I'm 5'9 155lbs and consider myself to be pretty good. I want to get the potatonater for like knee-waist high waves. I can't decide between a 5'4 or 5'6... will the 5'4 have enough float for real small days?? Thanks!

Comment

Even as a beginner to intermediate surfer you think the 5'6 will float me?

Comment

It'll float you the same as a 170lbs pro :D

Go with the 5'8" for a little extra stability. What other boards have you been riding?

Comment

this will be my first firewire lol. My other board was a channel islands motorboat, and i also had a channel islands fishcuit

Comment

What sizes have you been riding in those? I think CI have the volumes listed for their boards now so that'll give a good idea of where you should be.

MBOAT 510 x 20 x 2 5/8 31.1l
                    That would be similar volume to the 5'6" PN i think.

FISHCUIT 54 x 19 7/8 x 2 3/4 34.7l
                    That would be closer to the 5'8" PN.
                    Last edited by Phill; 04-16-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I rode the motorboat as a 5'10 and the fishcuit as a 5'6. sooooo idk lmao

Comment

How do those volumes feel to you. I assume you use the fishcuit in conditions the PN would be used in and the motorboat in better waves? I'd go with the 5'8" to keep that extra volume for smaller waves unless you find the motorboat has plenty of volume for smaller conditions in which case the 5'6" would have you covered.

Comment

Maybe the 5'6 would be a better choice because my 5'6 fish is mad floaty. i feel that 5'6 potatonator would give me that little extra bit of performance for small days

Comment

The 5'8" will still have a little less than your Fishcuit but the 5'6" will have around the same as the Motorboat. I'm not sure of the volume of the 5'6" Fishcuit, around 36l I think.

Comment

ohh alright. im gunna try and find a shop i can pre order at for th FST

Comment

Working...
                              X