X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Fin choices

I'm about to order a 6'0 pnator. I'm intermediate, 6'0, about 190 pounds give or take five pounds depending on the season. More in the winter and less in the summer. I've checked alot of the posts and I've seen alot of combo fin selections. I have a controller set for my potato and a EA blackstix thruster set and an AM2 thruster set for my hellfire. I'd rather just pick up a new quad set in futures unless the controllers work well. I was thinking about either the STretch quad or the simon anderson quad. I figure if I feel like using it as a thruster I can just use my blackstix. I like the idea of a trailer fin too when it's hollow. Any recommendations regarding the stretch or the simon's?

Or the rasta's!!! great feedback on those

Comment

3rd Surf on my 6'2" Potatonator today in 3 to 5 foot surf and am loving it. This board rocks! After owning 2 Sweet Potatoes and a Dom...finally have the perfect Firewire. I'm using the Rasta's and they work really well. Nice and stiff to go along with the board. Love double pumping around the sections.

Comment

Sycarlsbad,

How would you describe the P'nator compared to the SP and the DOM? Just curious.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread.

Brent

Comment

Better!

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper View Post
            I have a controller set for my potato and a EA blackstix thruster set and an AM2 thruster set for my hellfire. I'd rather just pick up a new quad set in futures unless the controllers work well.
            I've surfed my 6'2" in hollow waves and it worked really well as a thruster and I've been riding quads for years.
            You've already got controllers so why not try both your EA's and your AM2's as front fins and the rear controller fins as a quad set up.
            The full controllers will probably be too much fin area.
            Costs you nothing to try.
            The upright rear controllers teamed with either of the two above front fins should give really good pivot/release when coming off the top.
            Then share your findings with us...

Comment

Agreed 100%

Comment

I'd be trying the EA front/controller rears in smaller and/or peakier beachbreak waves and the AM2 front/controller rears in larger and/or down the line waves.

Comment

Sounds good. Cant wait to give it a shot. Thanks

Comment

thanks all. good feedback.

Comment

I have a 5.10 pn - have controllers and SA 5 sets, both of which I had got for SweetP and both worked pretty well on my spud (with the nod going to the SA by a whisker if I had to decide), when I got the PN I tired both the controllers and the SA (both as quad and tri) and wasn't feeling it, I had even tried the Front Controllers and rear SA then I saw cuttlefish post and today I went to SA up front and Controllers rear and the board came alive for me, I was starting to think PN wasn't really the board for me till got on this fin set up. Not sure if it will work for others but definitely my best combo yet. Jus

Comment

Thanks Jus,

How do you like the PN compared to a Dom or similar? And when do you prefer the PN over the SP?

I have a Dom and. SP and was wondering if I would enjoy adding something in between the two. I love the Dom in the proper size range waves, and the SP is a blast on fat mushy waves, but is too chubby to paddle well IMO.

Comment

Picking up my 6'0 today. My shop has stretch and rasta quad sets. I've heard good things about the Rastas. Should I give them a whirl ?

Comment

Instead of starting a new thread I will ask here. What futures are working best with the PN?

Comment

again varies from person to person, but I am getting a lot of positive feedback on riding the board wit ha thruster set and then from there it would depend on what size you have, what you weigh, etc....

Comment

Working...
                              X