Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid Fire or FST

can't decide between the Rapid Fire or FST

FST smoother flex, greater strength
    RF, springier and more rapid flex, lighter weight, but more standard strength in the rails and bottom

Comment

hmmm my only fear about the rapid fire is that its going to ding waaaay faster than the FST

Comment

Yeah the RF has more potential for dings on the rails and bottom because it lacks the high density skins of the FST, plus the balsa rails are solid. I've had mine stood on it's nose in the hallway after a surf while I was unloading the car. It's fallen over onto the wooden floor onto the rail and come off without a mark.
        The RF would have cracked a rail in that instance I'm pretty sure, but the advantage with the RF is the repair process is much similar without having to deal with high density skins for the deck and bottom and balsa in the rails. It's just simple epoxy, fibreglass and maybe some q cell unless you damage the bamboo skin (which is tough as hell).

The RF is also a bit cheaper, but I'm happy to pay the extra for the FST. I love the feel of it under foot and the added durability is a great bonus. Others swear by the RF.

Comment

Is the potatonator available in FST in the US?

Comment

I think Chris may have said that it's available as a special order in FST if you REALLY want to go FST over RF, but at retail it's currently only RF. I assume the FST builds are pretty focused on the demand for the MB and HR models currently.

Comment

ahhh ok thanks brother

Comment

No problem!

Comment

Never ridden RF, all 3 of my board are FST which I chose for the added durability (good for travelling too). I'm happy with the FST and the parabolic rail concept and the flex pattern that comes with it, it adds a nice whip out of the bottom turn.

Comment

good stuff folks!! thanks for the words!!

Comment

FST. It costs more so it must be better mustn't it? :)

Comment

It's all in the eye of the beholder. Two different feelings. I personally prefer FST but if you ask Core it's all about Rapidfire.

Comment

I got both technologies. I would say go with the FST. Better feel and stronger. My RF board recently suffered a ding that cracked the bamboo. That bamboo is a pain in the butt to fix!! It seems to take a long time to dry for repairs.

Comment

rapidfire rapidfire rapidfire

Comment

I'm going to go with Crossfire!

Comment

Working...
                              X