Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futures fins options for Potato Nator??

Hi All,

I would be interest to know what future fins you would recommend for the PN?

After reading threads, thinking of getting Rasta's but maybe Controllers are a better option for me as 92kg/202lbs??...can only afford one set!!

also thruster sets ups?

Many thanks in advance!

alex

Hey Alex, what kind of fins do you rude in other boards?

The controllers are good but they are very specific. They have a bit more of a retro-twin style feel while fins like the rasta set go really well as more of a traditional/progressive quad set. My advice would be to go more all around than the controllers so think maybe the Rusty or Josh Mulcoy 5 fin sets. That way you wind up with a quad AND a thruster. Definitely the most price effective away to get things together...

What size Potatonator do you have?

Cheers

Comment

Cheers Chris.

Like the look of the rasta's - but finding hard to locate in UK. Do the PN's shipped to the UK come with any futures fins as standard?

Ive got a 6'2 PN on order...cant wait. Bought my first firewire (hellfire) two months ago and only wished I had brought one sooner! Have FCS stretch quads and a set of TC Red line for the hellfire and speed dialers in another board.

Comment

Yeah good stuff Alex. Yeah the Rasta fins are actually a bit hard to find here in the states too, you may have to order and have them delivered. Also I think the sets you already have are great so use those templates as a baseline as you continue to look....

Cheers!

Comment

There is a set at Cinnamon Rainbows in NH, saw them last week

Comment

What the hell is a donut shop doing selling Futures Rastas?
            What is the world coming to?
            I'm running AMT robbers (2 + 1 trailer).
            EA blackstix (thruster)
            Also EA blackstix fronts and Rusty 1 blackstix rears (quad) with the Rusty's side fins having ground down bases to fit the rear boxes.
            The Stretches, Simons or Rastas would be fine as quad choices.
            Read my "small wave assissinator" thread as I work through my choices in that with pretty pics and all.
            Last edited by cuttlefish; 04-24-2012, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Chris have you tried both Rusty R1 or Josh Mulcoy 5 fin sets? If yes, can you tell me your experiences with them?

Anyone else tried the Rusty R1 and Mulcoy 5 fin?

ALOHA!

Comment

Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
                What the hell is a donut shop doing selling Futures Rastas?
                What is the world coming to?
                I'm running AMT robbers (2 + 1 trailer).
                EA blackstix (thruster)
                Also EA blackstix fronts and Rusty 1 blackstix rears (quad) with the Rusty's side fins having ground down bases to fit the rear boxes.
                The Stretches, Simons or Rastas would be fine as quad choices.
                Read my "small wave assissinator" thread as I work through my choices in that with pretty pics and all.
                jajajaj remanecents of the 70's era where wverything was peace and love. One of the biggest surf shops in NH.
                Mark at Liquid Dreams in ME has a set as well

Comment

hey HI Boi,
                  I have tried the mulcoy, but not the R1s. To me the mulcoy's are great, a lot like the SF4s but maybe with a little more hold. A slightly better all around fin. They are definitely stubby and upright so look to ride them in small to average surf. Anything with speed, punch and steepness you probably will reach for a more conventional, upright one...

Comment

Working...
                  X