X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I really Need a potato-nator

i Live in SE QLD, have a 6'5'' Lost F1 a 6'2'' sub scorcher.... I am about about 90kg and 6'2'' tall, would it be beneficial to get the 5'8'' potato-nator? it just looks so fun!

Originally posted by timcornish91 View Post
    i Live in SE QLD, have a 6'5'' Lost F1 a 6'2'' sub scorcher.... I am about about 90kg and 6'2'' tall, would it be beneficial to get the 5'8'' potato-nator? it just looks so fun!
    Tim, you're asking the wrooooong people! OF COURSE YOU NEED ONE!

Comment

As someone fond of buying and selling a few boards over the years I can assure you that if you do buy a potatonator and don't like it or want to change to a different size they have excellent re-sale/trade in value.
      Scratch that itch.

Comment

Yeah agreed there cuttle!!!

Comment

hey tim,
          trying to be objective, but looking at your quiver you certainly would benefit from the versatility offered by the potatonator. the thing you would want to address is whether that type of board resonates with you. That is really the true judge of whether you need a particular board.

I personally love it, its the best blend of performance and small wave usability for me!!

Cheers and hope this helps!!

Comment

I think it has been decided.... come on tax return... i originally bought the sub scorcher as a small wave board but my f1 snapped so is essentially another snap waiting to happen and is my step up board atm... the sub still rode well in 4ft point breaks so yeah potatonator should be a fun alternative... now technology wise... I have all my boards as FST as thats the only technology that they come in.. i was thinking possibly rapidfire for the potatonator as it will be ridden in smaller surf, plus im hooked on futures fins now and the bamboo looks sick. also any recommendations fins wise?

Comment

Rastas, stretches and Simons all popular quad choices.
              Personally I run Blackstix EAs with a deviant centre or Famt ((twin + trailer).
              Weird thing is I rarely ride thrusters but the potatonator works with either so try your favourite fin template you use in other boards if you have some Futures already.
              The potatonator is not as sensitive to fin choice as the sweet potato.

Comment

This lucky FW fan rode a 5'8 today in head high grinders..fun fun fun. It was a brand new demo and I have got it until Sunday...yewwww. Rode it with Simon Quads...that board is nothing like either the Dom or the Sweet Potato even though it has their DNA.

Comment

Working...
                X