X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dominator or potatonator???

Hi Just saw a used 5'6 dominator RF for sale and debating to get it or invest a few more $$ and get the Pnator. It's for weak small to medium waves than the hellfire wont make.West coast Canada so often a litlle punch enough to use hellfire and also have a 5'3 Merrick biscuit in tufflite for choppy windy days.What will be my best bet to gap between my hellfire and biscuit for small weak(7-8sec) summer waves. Thanks

I suspect the Potatonator would go great in the smaller stuff. Honestly though, I don't think you can lose either way. I ran into a guy at Westport a while back on a 5'6" Dom who was killing it. I use my El Fuego in almost everything around here. Awesome board!

Comment

Dom will fit in the middle, Potatonator will replace biscuit and keep you happy until the hellfire comes out

Comment

Bergie,

I have found that the Dominator likes reasonable waves with a little bit of push.

The PNator is a really good board and can handle a reasonable amount of conditions. I replaced my 5'8 Dominator with a 5'6 Potatonator and i have been having way more fun on it in weaker to good conditions.

Comment

Yes agreed, Potatonator does cover alot of conditions and kind of makes other hybrid boards redundant if you already have a hellfire/MB....spend the extra coin you wont be dissapointed!

Comment

I've never surfed a Potatonator, so I can't directly compare, but I do have a Dom. The Dom works for me in anything above say thigh high. Below that I use a longboard. At the upper end of the suitable volume range for a given surfer I reckon it's an ideal small wave board.

Comment

Potatonator!!!!, it will cover he low end of the spectrum better that the Dom. For the conditions you are describing is gonna work like a charm

Comment

Anyone tried th Pnator as a thruster? I'm not a big fan of quad(probably try quad on wrong board or condition) or dont ride them the way they should be ridden,anyway i just wonder if the Pnator at 17" tail can be ridden as a thruster that's the main reason why im leaning toward the DOM. As well as maybe a better small waves travel board.

Comment

Originally posted by Bergie View Post
                  Anyone tried th Pnator as a thruster? I'm not a big fan of quad(probably try quad on wrong board or condition) or dont ride them the way they should be ridden,anyway i just wonder if the Pnator at 17" tail can be ridden as a thruster that's the main reason why im leaning toward the DOM. As well as maybe a better small waves travel board.
                  Yep I do and it goes great but I'll admit I still need to try some more fins - PC3 at the moment are too small
                  but I can still see the potential as a thruster

Comment

I'm a quad fan.
                    Don't own any dedicated thrusters in my quiver.
                    BUT...
                    I like the potatonator most with EA blackstix and the deviant centre (but a normal centre is good too) or if the waves got more punch/size I run AMT (Robber) twin + trailer.
                    Read through the "Potatonator, small wave assasinator" thread as I tried lots of fin combos (with pics).

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
                      Yep I do and it goes great but I'll admit I still need to try some more fins - PC3 at the moment are too small
                      but I can still see the potential as a thruster
                      Hey Goanna, how you getting on with your Pn after being a Elf rider? Did you find it just ended up not being used much?

Comment

Hey Benny, its been a long time since I sold the El Fuego to buy the Futura but I still class her as the one that got away. I was after the 2board quiver for my age/weight/abilty and I think I have found it with the PN and Futura.

As much as I love the EF I know the Futura has it covered and then some although the Elf grovelled better. The PN now covers that area. I've only had a couple of surfs on the PN but can confidently say it is the goods.

Comment

Working...
                        X