Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pnator help

Hey

I cant decide between the pnator and the dominator. And i cant choose size bah. First off im a beginner/intermediate. 182cm /74kg. Not surfing that often but when i do i usually go surfing for a few weeks like Indo/France. Got crap waves at home but they can get OK from time to time. I usually surf something like a 7,6 minimal and can take off easy and go down the line. I feel its time to take it to the next level. Would love to get some help so i can get better and have more fun. Cheers!

I'd steer you towards a Dominator in the 6'2" range. I think it'll be more user friendly and versatile for you than the PN. That said, I haven't ridden the PN so can't really comment too extensively on it.

Comment

Thanks for the response.
      After alot of reading i still think the Potatonator would suit me better. Since where i live its like rideable surf 3 times a month with maybe 1-4 foot surf. Think i will be getting another board (Dominator for my travels) But i think its super hard to decide on the size of the potatonator. Like i said im used to a 7,6 minimal and im afraid to go to small. Only 74kgs and says to go 2" shorter then a dom. So with your recommendations for a Dominator it would put me on a 6'0. Using the calculator it puts me on a 6'2" - 6'4" but maybe thats going to float me to much? and make a duckdive impossible. Would love to get some more help here, need to order the board really fast since im going surfing in a week =)

Comment

Go 6'2" PN then. I doubt it'll be any harder to duck dive than your 7'6".

Comment

Agreed there, the 6`2`` will be more than plenty.
          Although I have to agree with PRJ here, the Dominator will be a more user friendly board. Buy you know yourself better so pull the trigger on the 6`2``

Comment

I really think If I could only have one board id go Dom. I have the sp, pnator, Dom and hf. The Dom has a bit of all of them except the sp. get a thruster set up and a quad set up and u can surf good thigh to a foot over head surf. If I could only pick two id go pnator and hellfire.

Comment

If u never see a head high + wave go pnator but it's hard for me to fathom taking out the pnator on a solid head high day. Mushy and slow maybe but I don't think indo reef breaks and French beach breaks get that mushy. I know here in nj I wouldn't take the pnator out in a pumping head or overhead day.

Comment

Wouldn't go over a 6 2 Dom or 6 pnator. I'm 185 to 190 and I have both but could go two inches lower if I had to.

Comment

Alright cheers everyone.
                  Didnt think buying a new board would be this hard. I guess i have to buy 2 boards anyway. But ill start with the 604 Dominator to be on the safe side, just hope it wont feel to big within a month or so.

Comment

If so you could always pay a good chunk of the new one by selling the old one. They have GREAT resell value

Comment

always resourceful that iggy...

Comment

He sure is.
                        Anyways just ordered a 6,0 Potatonator instead hehe. Tried a much shorter board then im used to the other day and i didnt have a any problems with the lenght so wth potatonator it is!

Comment

Yessssssir, let us know how it goes
                          Yesterday had the chance to jump into a PU board (lent min to a guy on the lineup who was curious about my pnator) and if felt so rigid!!!!, like surfing on a log. Was a 5'6" hybrid.
                          Having tons of fun on my pnator back here!!

Comment

Stoked! The TNT guy just delivered my Potatonator! Please let it be really windy soon so i can surf it! It really feels like well spent money. Superb finish.
                            Quick question, replace the FCS SF 4 fins that was included? Or will they suit a beginner/interm just fine?

Comment

I'd give them a try first. I think they are a good little set of fins

Comment

Working...
                              X