X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Fins

I'm 6'0'' and 160 lbs, i just bought a 5'8'' patatonator with future fin boxes. I was wondering what type/size fin i should buy (i was recommended the Rusty R1 5-fin)

Elevon Quads..hands down.

Comment

Thhe Rasta Quad set has also been working well in the PNator.....unfortunately mine has FCS and i have been running a set of Rusty R2 Quads which have been a great all round set for me.

Comment

yeah rusty's are solid! at your weight the SF4s are totally worth looking at!

Comment

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
          Elevon Quads..hands down.
          Yessssssssssir!!!!.
          Put the Solus again yesterday and after 2 waves went back to the Elevons!!!. Too wide of sa tail to have it as a thruster in my opinion. All this came up after trying both sets quite a few times under different conditions

Comment

Rastas are also a good contender

Comment

What about Contollers. Anyone tried these?

Comment

I haven't tried them yet but after running them in the baked for a couple of surfs then swapping the fronts out for AMTs with controller rears for a more progressive ride I'd be suprised if the more refined potatonator shape would be a good match with the retro feel of the controllers.
                Probably why Buzzy was non-plussed with the ride he got on his dominator (of which the potatonator shares 70% of it's DNA) with the Indo controllers.
                But I'm keen to try the AMT fronts with controller rears in the potatonator.
                BTW spud has peeled off Southbound to a new home.

Comment

Originally posted by STC67 View Post
                  Not yet on the Pnator but I'll put that on my list of things to do

Comment

Originally posted by STC67 View Post
                    Yeah ST, Buzzy gave me some Indo Fins Controllers copy and they went great in the PN. Mine is 5'8" and I would recommend giving them a go for sure. Only small issue was I did miss the middle fin of a thruster for that bit of hold when coming out of a turn but it wasn't a biggy and would be something I would get used to anyway. Personally I think the Controllers are a "Must Try" in this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
                      Yeah ST, Buzzy gave me some Indo Fins Controllers copy and they went great in the PN. Mine is 5'8" and I would recommend giving them a go for sure. Only small issue was I did miss the middle fin of a thruster for that bit of hold when coming out of a turn but it wasn't a biggy and would be something I would get used to anyway. Personally I think the Controllers are a "Must Try" in this board.
                      Yep pick up some Controllers today. I want to try them in both the Pnator and the Elf as Nev was always recommending them.

Comment

Originally posted by meggaupper90 View Post
                        I'm 6'0'' and 160 lbs, i just bought a 5'8'' patatonator with future fin boxes. I was wondering what type/size fin i should buy (i was recommended the Rusty R1 5-fin)
                        Any specific reason you went with the 5,8 over the 5,6? ..I'm the same height as you and just a few pounds lighter (though always in a full winter suit), and pretty stuck as to what size to go for. Would be interested to see how you found the 5,8. Cheers!

Comment

During the last couple of months, I tried the PNator with different setups and I love the versatility of the board using different fins! I used a quad setup for steep waves up to 6ft (although in this occasion I went back to the car to grab the Hellrazor instead!) and I didn't quite like the S4A (too big, too drivey) but the Rastas are much better in those small (up to 4ft), beach breaks, steep/barrelling/closing-out waves where you want a good hold on the take off, a good speed to stay on the green face as long as possible and still being able to finish it off with a quick snap or cut-back.
                          On small, gentle/mellow waves with a good open face, I used the Machados but the F4 are a must! Loosy and fast as you wish, you can go up and down the waves, snaps everywhere, they're so much fun!
                          I will try soon a quad setup with the fronts F4 with the trailers from the Rastas. It should be a good mix!

Comment

good stuff David J. yeah that's the way. experimentation. I actually really like the WCTs in my Potatonator as well!

Comment

Working...
                            X