Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chris, got any pictures?

Comment

So I'll work on getting some high res versions linked somewhere...

Comment

• Slowman
        Slowman commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks, I can see you are trying! I'll be patient they will come up in due course.

Ask al and Kelly, there figures not mine 5% is what mr Merreck told me! via and e- mail. I have done the sit in clam water test on my 25ltr MD and 26 ltr subdriver pu. They are almost identical. Ride feel when driving off bottom push back is the force in which the board realises it's energy bot boards feel the same. For me in that style of board 26 ltr for Pu and 25 for eps seams to be ok. It's hardly an exact science they are only surfboards in the end.
      Originally posted by Montygoesbananas View Post
      I wonder if he has thinned them out to take advantage of the extra bouyency of EPS over PU? Some people say there is a 10-15% improvement in float.

Comment

• Coastandtoast
        Coastandtoast commented
        Editing a comment
        Clam water? Thats disgusting. Hope you rinsed your wetty after that.

Another thing to bare in mind is an fst board has balsa taking up the entire perimeter for 12mm or 1/2" for you yanks. That's 1" of the width of the board in balsa. Plus you've got the top and bottom skins so perhaps 1/4" of the thickness taken up with dense foam. I'm sure that mostly if not completely offsets the increased buoyancy of a pure EPS shape. That no doubt adds to the smoother ride you get from an FST board compared to some chattery EPS boards. I'm sure the flex bad dampening helps too.

Comment

Pretty bummed that the volume is so much less from Pyzel's Dims on his site for this model ! I would of brought the 6.0 in a heart beat if it was in those dims, the 6'0 In FST has almost 2.5 litres less foam in it ?

Comment

Hey Chris, care to take a shot at this? Pyzalien, Unibrow, Hashtag or Sub Scorcher for Florida? If you had to pick one.

Comment

Working...
          X