Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chris, got any pictures?

Comment

So I'll work on getting some high res versions linked somewhere...

Comment

• Slowman
        Slowman commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks, I can see you are trying! I'll be patient they will come up in due course.

Ask al and Kelly, there figures not mine 5% is what mr Merreck told me! via and e- mail. I have done the sit in clam water test on my 25ltr MD and 26 ltr subdriver pu. They are almost identical. Ride feel when driving off bottom push back is the force in which the board realises it's energy bot boards feel the same. For me in that style of board 26 ltr for Pu and 25 for eps seams to be ok. It's hardly an exact science they are only surfboards in the end.
      Originally posted by Montygoesbananas View Post
      I wonder if he has thinned them out to take advantage of the extra bouyency of EPS over PU? Some people say there is a 10-15% improvement in float.

Comment

• Coastandtoast
        Coastandtoast commented
        Editing a comment
        Clam water? Thats disgusting. Hope you rinsed your wetty after that.

Another thing to bare in mind is an fst board has balsa taking up the entire perimeter for 12mm or 1/2" for you yanks. That's 1" of the width of the board in balsa. Plus you've got the top and bottom skins so perhaps 1/4" of the thickness taken up with dense foam. I'm sure that mostly if not completely offsets the increased buoyancy of a pure EPS shape. That no doubt adds to the smoother ride you get from an FST board compared to some chattery EPS boards. I'm sure the flex bad dampening helps too.

Comment

Pretty bummed that the volume is so much less from Pyzel's Dims on his site for this model ! I would of brought the 6.0 in a heart beat if it was in those dims, the 6'0 In FST has almost 2.5 litres less foam in it ?

Comment

Hey Chris, care to take a shot at this? Pyzalien, Unibrow, Hashtag or Sub Scorcher for Florida? If you had to pick one.

Comment

would definitely depend on the wave size you wanted the board for and whether your beach gets to be nice an punchy like in all those pics I see... Unibrow = most versatility, that along with the sub scorcher, but you probably get the most versatile performance out of the Pyzalien. It will suit you better in good waves while still groveling at a decent clip. For ease of use the Unibrow and Sub can't be beat, but if you want to consider decent day performance, then my choice is the pyzalien!

Comment

I just held a 5'10" and it felt really nice. It is my next board for sure. It looks like so much fun!

Comment

just rode it as a quad too in punchy hurricane beach break with stiff off shores. super fast and fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  just rode it as a quad too in punchy hurricane beach break with stiff off shores. super fast and fun!
                  I have surfed 5 hours a day for this whole swell. I rode my mb on Wednesday at uppers and made every drop but felt a little under gunned. I rode the mb again on Thursday on the inside at church right of the military parking lot and it was overhead to overhead and a half and it was so good. Surfed the same spot today on the quadraflex and got a million quality waves. I was thinking how sick the Pyzalien would go out there. MORE HURRICANE SWELL PLEASE! I have the ok to order a new board at the end of next week. I'm thinking 5'10" Pyzalien in futures. Still not sure about Pyzalien, unibrow, hashtag to replace my quadraflex. Any input would be great.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Chris, you know that's what I was thinking. I feel that I'm about to dial in a super great quiver. I'm planning on selling my SP, VG and Hellfire and Potatonator. I would be looking to add the Pyzalien, that custom Flash and perhaps a Vader to go with my DDFflexfire , Double Agent, andHelrazor. What do you think? Also, what size Pyzalien did you get? We tend to ride the same size.

I know I have a board fetish, my wife got the DA for me for my birthday and said that's it, you got too many boards. My response is I do i ask or tell you how many shoes you need? That didn't exactly go over too well. My theory is you only live once and life is too short to ride the same boards! :)

Comment

Hi guys,

I have a Dominator 58" and a HellRazor 61". I want to buy a board to use between these two. I usually ride the Dom here in Portugal, but the board is already feeling "heavy" with a bit more of surf, and most of times I feel that its not enough for the HR, which I use most when travelling (perfect and powerfull waves). So I was wondering if the Pyzalien 60" will fit well between my boards. Another issue is the volume comparison with Pyzalien models listed at Pyzel website, because the 60" firewire is almost 3 liter short than the PU model. Any advices / thoughts about this?
                      My main idea is to replace the Dom in most conditions and keep it for mushy and smaller waves.

Thanks!

Tiago

Comment

Hi guys,
                        I have a Dominator 58" and a HellRazor 61". I want to buy a board to use between these two. I usually ride the Dom here in Portugal, but the board is already feeling "heavy" with a bit more of surf, and most of times I feel that its not enough for the HR, which I use most when travelling (perfect and powerfull waves). So I was wondering if the Pyzalien 60" will fit well between my boards. Another issue is the volume comparison with Pyzalien models listed at Pyzel website, because the 60" firewire is almost 3 liter short than the PU model. Any advices / thoughts about this?
                        My main idea is to replace the Dom in most conditions and keep it for mushy and smaller waves.
                        Thanks!
                        Tiago

Comment

Tiago look at the Hashtag. Round tail like dominator and fits right between that and the HZ. The description says it started with HZ dan so it will probably be right up your alley. I love mine in everything over shoulder high.

Comment

Hi Tiago, I'd also try the 5'10" hellfire. I went from the 5'8" dominator to the 5'8" spitfire, then a 6'1" hellrazor, then to a 5'10" hellfire. I ride the hellfire as a quad with tiny GL sidebiters or GX fins on the back. It has the speed of the hellrazor but the diamond tail loosens it right up. I weigh 80kg and the volume is comfortable for me at that weight with steamer. One of the best boards I've had in ages and goes well in 2ft to solid 5ft sets. It's FST with FCS.

Comment

Working...
                            X