• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slab

Any news on this model?

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/ne...s-collaborate/

Comment

So around september... i hope its sooner than later! Looks like a great little chunky shortboard! I hope theres one with pretty close to 25L (im guessing around 5'8) id be very interested as this for an all rounder.

Comment

When Firewire puts out a date, boards usually get released a few months after. :(

Comment

Yeah no final specs on this yet. Soon though. I know Pyzel is in the process of final approvals.

Comment

I want one! 5 fins?

Comment

Im guessing primarily a thruster but you tihnk this board would go well as a quad on the right occasion?

Comment

I'm assuming that the sizes for the Slab will shave about half a litre of volume off like the Pyzalien crossing over from the Pyzel website to the final FW specs. That's what it looks like

Comment

Maybe... I suppose it just depends on how they end up being finalised in the fireiwire constructions so they're unlikely to be exactly the same as the original shapers... I realt love FST and think this looks like a great all round go to board for a daily driver above my baked potato... For 2-3ft+... And hopefully as a five fin option! I hope they release a fst "the next step" too!!!

Comment

Hey folks just a heads up,

Whenever we work with another shaper the files are and approved by the person who designed them. So in this case, John Pyzel designed the files, prototypes are made, shipped directly to him where he is able to go over them with a fine toothed comb and make the necessary adjustments or sign off on their approval. the variation from the models you see at retail PU are more driven by the fact that a shaper typically build a particular model in more than one set of dimensions.

so while the Firewire versions may differ from what you've seen at retail in one way or another, they are absolutely from the hand of the shaper. these variations have nothing to do with the build process as we can replicate any file given to us by a surfboard designer.

hopefully that makes sense.

Comment

• Peterleo
                      Peterleo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So can I order a 5,9 double agent as a special order with about 33 litres.

Cool thanks Chris!

Comment

This bad boy looking like hitting shops soon?

Comment

Working...
                      X