Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browndog, I haven't tried the Rasta quads yet. Looks cool. Let me know how it goes...i'm kinda interested.

ALOHA!!

Comment

I use my Rastas on my Potatonator (when swapping out for Elevons) and in my Hellfire..great fins.

Comment

Rastas are on order. I'll let everyone know what I think after a few sessions

Comment

Brown, one think you may notice is that they are a thicker fin up front than most fins..but dont be fooled by thinking thicker fins create more drag...they dont. I am sure you will love them.

Comment

Rastas???

Brown, can't wait to hear how the Rastas work, I may want to get a set.

Comment

Had my first session with the Rastas today. Waves were waist to chest with onshore winds and generally soft. Not the best evaluation but the board felt a lot looser under my feet. Hoping to find a better spot in the am and put them to the test. If all else fails they look good

Comment

good stuff!!

Comment

Hey Guys

Do you think the K3 thruster fins would work in my 6'0 Spit? Currently using SF4 fins but as a tri set up, not ideal but trying to work out what's best. Given my weight I know I would be better suited to large fins but I've come across some cheap ones.

Cheers

Comment

Any updates on fin setups here guys? Just got my Spitfire and I can't decide on a quad set-up. I'm in the northeast too so I'd love to know how those Rasta's worked.

Comment

Rastas work pretty well. Usually surf at Ogunquit and they fit the board nicely. But my favourite set at the moment is the SOLUS

Comment

Originally posted by surferzach View Post
                        Any updates on fin setups here guys? Just got my Spitfire and I can't decide on a quad set-up. I'm in the northeast too so I'd love to know how those Rasta's worked.
                        I'm looking at running the Rusty R1s with a knubster and the Jordy Smith fronts with controller rears. As soon as I test them out I will let you guys know!

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
                          Rastas work pretty well. Usually surf at Ogunquit and they fit the board nicely. But my favourite set at the moment is the SOLUS
                          iggy, i tried the Rasta quad. seems like there is not enough speed. it worked pretty good when the waves were big and strong, but doesn't generate enough speed on smaller waves and flat sections. Maybe it's just me?

Comment

It could be also the weight difference. At 85Kgs and heavy footed I usually generate quite a pressure on those.
                            Although I personally like the spit as a thruster, the Machado'sfeel quite nice. The Machado's are al about functionality and versatility, where "agility" does not get sacrificed for speed. You could find other fins that will give you more speed but your arcs are going to get wider.

Comment

Good to know Iggy...I'm actually just up the coast from you surfing at Higgins and Scarborough, I've been wanting to try out Ogunquit though. I'm definately going to get a pair of Solus for a thruster setup...just trying to decide on a small wave quad setup now. Thanks for the updates guys and keep those reviews coming!

Comment

The SF4s are classic quads. one of my favorites. Then yeah i use the WCTs on my Fuego and dominator.

Both super playful fins.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X