Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best Future Tri and Quad set for Spitfire???

All right guys, I need your help! lol. New fins and configurations are always coming out so I guess it's time we have an update, no?

I have a 5'8" Spitfire FST Futures, scarfini FX4. I'm 5'8", 77kg. I haven't really tried any other good fins out there.

I'm trying to determine the best Tri and Quad set for it. You guys got any suggestions?

Quad: controller

Sooooolid! So much fun, super fast, and super stable. Really holds the rail.

Comment

really Controller's in a SPF ....i have asked & been told cntrollers now go for SPF ....more El feugo ..... i have a 5'8 SPF & still surfing with quad sp4 it came with ( only had 1mth ) ....but keen to experiment ...so any FCS info woulf be great ...

Comment

K2.1 quad with nubster was loads of fun in my 5'8" Spitfire. I liked the K3 as a thruster. I think with the shorter boards a little bigger fin in small waves helps and a little more raked fin in bigger waves helps a lot.

No idea on Futures though, especially for quads. I think all my quad boards I'd stick with FCS as they have so many more quad options, and I'm going to try my next thruster with Futures and take it from there.

I think the WCT fronts and Controller rears would be fun in the Spitfire. I'm running the FCS equivalent in my Potato currently and it works really well.

Comment

@CarneAsada, I just picked up a used sweet potato and it came with Controller Quads! I'll try them out.

@prjwebb, I didn't hear good reviews about WCTs but if there's a demo available I'll check those out too.

Thanks guys! anyone else got suggestions? keep it coming!

Aloha!!

Comment

The WCTs are basically the K2.1 but in Futures TechFlex. Everyone loves the K2.1s!

They might be a bit loose in the Spitfire, but as a quad with a nubster they are really fun!

Comment

I still put mu money on the SOLUS thruster. A far as quad goes for that board the Controllers are a good fit for me

Comment

I have a set of Solus for sale if anyone is interested PM me..great fins but I am a quad man mostly and the Solus are loser than a thruster and too far from quad for me.

Comment

I like the Rusty 5 fin set. It's a good all around fin and you can switch from a tri to a quad on a whim.

Comment

I haven't been able to try different fins yet on my Spit. I've been riding my sweet potato and having too much fun! haha! Controller Quads on my SP are awesome. Super fast from takeoff to down the line! Some of the shops I checked do not have the fins you guys mention in stock or demo so I will have to wait. I will keep you guys posted as to what I end up with.

Aloha!!

Comment

I tried the SA-4s as a quad and they worked well. Then I tried the AM-2s, also as a quad, and they work even better!

Comment

thinking about picking up controllers for my spit. Concerned that they are too large, I weigh 170lbs and surfing in the northeast. So generally surfing mushy waves and wearing a wetsuit year round. Any fin suggestions would be helpful, currently set up as a quad v2 438s

Comment

Browndog, the Controllers are great but if you are thinking of throwing buckets, I would recommend different front fins and possibly different rears. Turning with Controllers are more draw out. I actually ride a thruster set (EA techflex) with my spit and it holds, super fast, and snaps well. Below are some quad setups that people constantly speak of:
                          - Rusty R1s
                          - Stretch
                          - Solus front with Controller quad
                          - Scimitar quad

Comment

How do you think the Rastas will go?

http://www.futuresfins.com/catalog.php?type=quads

Comment

Peeeeerfecto!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X