Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered a 5'10 spitfire. Wondering what the best quad fins and thrusters fins.. and I usually surf beach breals.. 1-5ft

Comment

Originally posted by stevie View Post
      just ordered a 5'10 spitfire. Wondering what the best quad fins and thrusters fins.. And i usually surf beach breals.. 1-5ft
      futures,fcs??

Comment

futures

Comment

As far as thruster goes I realy like the Solus, good release off tghe top yet good drive.
          The WCT are really good for those who like the loose feeling
          The Clay Marzos look very interesting as well
          For quads the V2F4 or the Elevons

Comment

I like the ride my SpitFire as a tri mostly. My favorite fins are the Rusty R2s. I think that they make the board ride closer to a high performance thruster.

I recently went on a surf trip to Nicaragua where we scored overhead beach break barrels for almost a week straight. In those conditions I found the Stretch quad setup to work the best, enabling the board to take off deep, turn mid face, and really drive deep from behind the peak.

Comment

yeah. im looking for two sets of fins to buy for my new SF. One that will help when it gets a lil larger that will hold on some hollow, larger surf and something for the mushier days

Comment

K3s work great on those larger, steeper days, and I think they help create some extra drive in the mush also.

Comment

So im thinking about getting the stretch quads and the Solus. Im thinking i want the solus for the smaller days went i want something a little bit looser and the quad for times when it gets bigger and hollower. Does this sound like it would work or am i off base?

Comment

I prefer a thruster when the waves get a bit bigger. Thrusters give a bit more stability at higher speeds. I like quads when it's small and hollow.
                    You might have different preferences, but the SF4s are quite a small and upright quad set, I don't think they'd be the ideal set for bigger, hollower conditions. Something more like the Simon Anderson set.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                      I prefer a thruster when the waves get a bit bigger. Thrusters give a bit more stability at higher speeds. I like quads when it's small and hollow.
                      You might have different preferences, but the SF4s are quite a small and upright quad set, I don't think they'd be the ideal set for bigger, hollower conditions. Something more like the Simon Anderson set.
                      Agreed there!!!. You need something with some area and rake

EA Quad
                      Attachment

Front Height: 4.42" Base: 4.38" 2D Area: 14.5"
                      Rear Height: 3.95" Base: 4.00" 2D Area: 12.4"

This is a high performance quad package for power surfing. Flat sided foils on both the front driving fins as well as the trailers give the rider the hold and drive needed when conditions begin to get heavy and the water starts really moving. A very stable ride and just the right amount of release. The set up is a must in every surfer's serious quad arsenal.
                      "This set will hold when you need it most...I use it on all my performance quads" - ERIC ARAKAWA

Available Materials: Fiberglass

Available Colors: blue, clear, smoke

On a different note, took my SF with the souls and it was preeeeeeety fun sesh!!!.What a difference going from the 5'2"potato to the 5'8"spit
                      Attached Files

Comment

I am using Quad 400 for the back fins and AM3 for front fins very loose and very fast.
                        Just bought a hf 6'0 and solus fins to go. Hoping not too much foam, tried this morning in not good surf.

Comment

And how did it go?

Comment

I am riding a 5'6 Spitfire, may be moving down to a 5'4, intermediate surfer @ 5'3 - 140lbs.
                            Sounds like people like the K3's, Rusty R-2's and the SF4 Quads.
                            Given my weight should I stay away from Large fins and stick with Mediums or is it OK to go with Large even though they are listed for heavier riders?
                            Currently I am using K2.1's and JW-1's both in Medium.

Comment

I'd stick with the mediums. How are the JW1s?

Comment

Looking for a set of fins for a 6'0 Spit, kind of want maybe a 5 set so I can try out quads as well as thruster. Would the K2.1 be to small for me and should I look at a large set, Quite like the look of Simon Andersons thruster set. Any ideas for mainly junky surf??

Cheers people.

Comment

Working...
                                X