Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you get a Spitfire in Direct Drive ?

Reason I ask is my Rapidfire is holding up for how light it is but due to my all my kids and baby mama's I can't buy boards as often - Is the Direct drive the strongest one of the technologies ?

Direct drive is just the Flexfires. FST holds up real well though.

Comment

K thanks !

Comment

Everyone seems to have forgotten about this tech
        IMO its probably better than FST

Comment

Hey all,
          Yeah great tech, problem is it's highly expensive to make and the retail price really reduces its practicality...

Comment

I'm lost... I get it now that FST is the strongest board right ? What is Tech IMO ?

Comment

IMO is in my opinion haha.

Comment

hahhaha !!! So what is Tech and how is it stronger than FST ?

Comment

Sorry I will speak in plain English
                  Tech is technology and as mentioned above IMO is in my opinion
                  I like to say this because it is only my opinion
                  It is not based on fact
                  The reason why I think the Direct Drive is better (not stronger) is through experience
                  It is the most lively board I have ever surfed
                  The standard High Performance board that is constructed in polyurethane is extremely light due to a very light glass job but what the boys have done at FireWire is create a super light board that is also strong
                  For the full technology report go to the Explore section on the Firewire homepage and scroll down to technology
                  It's been everywhere with me from heaving beach breaks to tropical reef breaks and it's still going strong
                  The thing is so steady in the barrel and so easy to smash the lip
                  The only downside with my board is that at 25.5 litres your fitness has to be up to scratch to surf it and that's not always the case
                  As for proper technical comparisons Brian, Chris or PRJ do a better job than me

Comment

Working...
                  X