X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spitfire!

Have wanted a spitfire for so long and I finally got one! Yes! 5'10" RF with Futures. I did not want RF and I did not want futures, oh well I will make it work. I know I already have a Dominator but wanted a Spitfire.

I am now in the Spit club.

Brent

Welcome buddy, you're gonna have heaps of fun on hat one!!!!. FUTURES is the way to go, I think it was destiny jejejeje!!!!. Get yourself the SOLUS thruster set!!!!! rasta quads!

Comment

all this talk of futures the way to go - makes me feel left out . Got FCS - still searching for the magic fin setup - any advice re FCS on a spitty ?

thanks

Comment

I like the K2.1 and K3 sets in the Spitfire. Also the Soar DL template.

Comment

Originally posted by hwork50 View Post
          ... I did not want RF and I did not want futures, ...
          Brent
          But you bought it anyway, you sound like a salesman's dream Brent...you saw it and just couldn't wait, huh? :-)

Great board for mushier waves, and you should notice faster turns than the dom...I had a dom first (and still do) but after the hellfire I wanted the spit because I knew that tail would give some extra bite and turn faster/harder than the dom.

Originally posted by Ben8256 View Post
          all this talk of futures the way to go - makes me feel left out . Got FCS - still searching for the magic fin setup - any advice re FCS on a spitty ?

thanks
          Not me! I will stay in the FCS camp forever (I just hope I can surf that long!). Far more interchange and now with the new fusion plugs just as much strength as the futures box without the chance of fins falling out.

I use the Rusty R2 quad set with a hand shaped stabiliser but I'm 6'0 and 90kg so I need a larger fin. For me this setup works great...quad speed with thruster pivoting capability...
          Attachment
          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, I got a couple of future fin set-ups for my Hellfire so I figured I would give it a go. In Cali these boards do not go for sale that often and this was pretty much brand new for 300-. I figured I could trade for something bigger or with FCS so it was not a bad purchase.

Just curious

Comment

Yeah same in Oz, 2nd hand ones don't come up that often. I looked around for one for a while but they were rare and always not what I wanted, so ended up buying a new one.

Comment

going shorter on the spit

I picked up a 6'4 but at the time I was a beginner and I have made a lot of improvement. I am ready for a shorter board. I am 6'2 175-180 lbs. Now that I am more confident in my abilities I wanted to go shorter. Not sure but I was thinking of trying a 6.0, is this too small for my size in the spitfire?

Comment

6'0" or even 5'10" is a good pick. 6'0 if you want to play it a little safe and have easy of use on smallest days, 510 if you want to go as small as possible to maximise performance.

Comment

Yeah 6'0" will be my call

Comment

Ben8256, for FCS check out the SA-1 or SA-2 thruster and quad sets. I heard TC Aqualine is good too.

Comment

hwork50, welcome to the Spitfire club!! I'm currently running medium EA techflex and I love it. super fast and loose...holds speed on bottom turns, cutbacks, and snaps!

ALOHA!!

Comment

Got some Stretch fins RTM off of ebay that I am going to try. I heard they go really amazing in the Spitfire, if they are too loose I got some Rusty fins I can try. Looking for a little more snapiness out of my turns so hopefully I can have some fun. This board is Rapidfire, which does not bother me, I have an FST ELF so it will be good to mix it up.
                          Last edited by hwork50; 11-14-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Surfed my spitty for 3+ hours yesterday. It was perfect for the conditions; full and weak 2-3'. I was sitting out past a couple of longboarders and picking up the sets. It was one of those days where the extra volume made all the difference, so many just weren't getting onto the waves. I made a pig of myself! I had the JK in the car but never got it out. Surfed the JK today (Monday) and was similar but far less guys and I have to say while it went fine for the weekend crowd the extra volume in the spit really helps keep the wave count up - so long as it doesn't start to barrel on take off.

Comment

Slowman, sounds like you had a blast yesterday. I tried to surf my new Alternator last night. It was windy, cold and choppy some of my favorite conditions.

Comment

Working...
                              X