Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCS MF-1 or PC7 fins for 6'0 Spitfire is the question???

Has anyone got any reviews on these fins as i want to buy a set but cant decide??

Cheers Guys

I have used the UL7 thruster set and I liked the flex in those they seemed to be more forgiving than the PG7 so I guess PC7s are somewhere in between. They seem like a good all round thruster set. I think they will go OK on the spit but I ride mine as a quad - it gives it a lower range. My spit is my grovel board.

Comment

The MF's are a very thin fin. Notiiceably thinner that the PC 7's. Intuitively you would think that a thinner fin means less drag and therefor it must be a faster fin but...thats not necessarily true. I own both sets of fins and have used both in various boards I own. For me the MF is a more flexy fin due to it being thinner and therefor I find the responsiveness to be a bit duller than the PC'7's. You do however get a touch more "twang" out of turns with the MF's compared to the PC 7's. I would be inclined to use the MF's on high performance boards and the PC 7's on board like the Spitfire which in reality you wont be surfing like a High Perf Shorboard. Hope that helps.

Comment

Cheers for that!

That separates the two fins for me so on that I think the PC7 will be best.

Cheers

Comment

That said, I've read nothing but good things about guys riding MF1 fronts with either a slightly smaller trailer or quad rears.

Comment

I'm after a set of all rounders as i'll surf my Spitfire in pretty much anything as for the moment its my one board quiver.

Comment

Mayhem 5 fin set?? just seen them, nice and big looking and has the quad option too....little more money though

Comment

didn't like the mayhems.. too tracky for me

Comment

yeah they are big fins...

Comment

Got a set of pc7 on the way Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by kdropin View Post
                      didn't like the mayhems.. too tracky for me
                      Me too, I had a 5 fin set and tried them as a quad. I couldn't get them to release as I wanted.

Originally posted by benny81 View Post
                      Got a set of pc7 on the way Sweet!
                      Yeah I think you'll find they are a good all round fin.

Comment

Gee I am really surprised at the feedback on the GMB's...I got a set about 6 months ago and absolutely love them...like really love them....I used them on my step up and they work a treat...horses for courses but I love that quad set up.

Comment

I've used them as a quad set in my JS Kinpin and they worked OK but just not in any of my Firewires. As a thruster set I think I tried them out on my Aloha AF2 and they went OK, but as you say different strokes.

Comment

Working...
                          X