Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
If you could own only 2 sets of fins to be used with a Spitfire and Hellfire... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could own only 2 sets of fins to be used with a Spitfire and Hellfire...

......what would they be?

I've got a 6'0" Spitfire and will soon be purchasing a 6'2" Hellfire and want to buy 2 sets of decent fins. Currently riding the Spitfire with the plastic SF-4's that came with it.

I weigh 76kg's and will be out in anything from knee high to double overhead.

I'm thinking a quad set for when its smaller, Rusty R2's? And then a thruster for when it gets bigger. Should I go for a large thruster set for when it's big or would mediums be fine?

Large will be better for the bigger conditions. You got to balance rake and fin base. Fo bigger waves you want to have a set of fins quite raked to giveyou that much needed hold and with some base as well

Comment

YSB...I only need one set! See my signature. I actually have 3 x R2 quads - like them that much.

I am thinking though for waves with plenty of push (not talking size) where you don't need to generate speed yourself, I would take the rear quads out and stick in the R2 trailer and use it as a thruster.
      Last edited by Slowman; 11-29-2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I have been thinking about the R2's. Wondering whether they are a bit big for my weight though (76kgs). I'm guessing that will just give me more hold and a less loose feeling. Maybe that's not such a bad thing while I'm finding my feet on a new board.

Comment

Get the performance core SF4s. I love those.

Comment

Working...
          X