Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5'8 spitfire or not

hey guys .

pondering weather to buy the 5'8 spitfire . just wanna know what use think of it . have ridden a 5 '10 but found it really bouynt and felt like i needed to go smaller . weigh about 80 kgs . surf intermediate

cheers

I just went from a 5'10 dom to a 5'8 spit and i am also 80kg , 5'11. I think a few other people on here have made the same transition. I loved my dom but am glad i made the switch to the 5'8 spit. Much more responsive and still plenty of float, I say do it!

Comment

hey Howelli,
      Yeah i think that is a completely rational change. Especially if you have ridden the 510 and it felt too big. I think your weight and ability will have you properly suited for that board.

Cheers!

Comment

Howell!, same situation here!!!. Great choice the 5'8", good compromise.

Comment

cheers guyys massive help ! now the other question what model the rapide fire or the other model ?? any suggestions
          cheers tim

Comment

I personally like FST, more resilient and a bit heavier than the rapidfire... Futures thrown in the combo!! ;)

Comment

how much dose the fst cost compared to the rapid

Comment

The Rapidfire is a more direct input-output feeling whereas the FST I found is a bit more "organic" in the sense that stores the "tweak" factor when you are getting into the turn but as soon as you come out you get the sudden burst of momentum.
                Cost wise I believe there is around $50-75 difference between the 2 models with the rapidfire being the least expensive

Comment

cheer mate been a massive help im going to look at one today hopefully . get it !! cheers again everyone :)

Comment

Great choice! FST all the way. RF feels too fragile for me...it's easy to make finger indentions on the bottom of rails. FST usually cost up to $50-75 more than RF.

ALOHA!!
                    Last edited by hawaii_boi; 12-08-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by howelli View Post
                      cheer mate been a massive help im going to look at one today hopefully . get it !! cheers again everyone :)
                      Anytime howell!!!!. Have fun on it!!. Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Hi Guys,
                        I'm asking meself which board will do me right the Spitfire or the Dominator? I'm nothing more then an average surfer trying to get many rides and will be able to progress fairly quick as soon as i get those rides in. I get the impression when reading the forumposts that the boards are just the same only with the Spitfire having the additional bite to it cos of the diamant shaped tail and thinned out rail.
                        Is it only obvious to take the Spitfire or is this average surfer better of with a Dominator or even a Potatonator?
                        Plus i'd like to know whether to take the rapidfire one and why choose that over the other one.

By the way, i'm 190 cm tall and about 82 kg of weight.

i mostly surf in Europe and my home break is in the inconsistent Netherlands.

I currently surf a Tokoro Resin8 5'8 quad fish and that goes pretty well. And i won't be able to afford more then just this one board extra.

My thoughts lean towards the spitfire or dominator 5'10 ..

Plz share your thoughts.

Comment

I've owned both a 508 Dom and Spit. In my experience paddling and planing at takeoff was the same. Dom could handle the flat sections a tad better -- especially if weight was on back foot. Spit could snap turns a bit tighter.

I sold my Dom and got a Sweet Potato for 1-3 days. Spit comes out 2-6. Although I must admit some days I do miss the Dom. Loved the meaty round tale. Such a good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftLane View Post
                            I've owned both a 508 Dom and Spit. In my experience paddling and planing at takeoff was the same. Dom could handle the flat sections a tad better -- especially if weight was on back foot. Spit could snap turns a bit tighter.

I sold my Dom and got a Sweet Potato for 1-3 days. Spit comes out 2-6. Although I must admit some days I do miss the Dom. Loved the meaty round tale. Such a good shape.
                            Exact same situation here, sold my dom to get the spit and loved the board right away. Tighter turns and still plenty of volume to work with. The diamond tail was a breeze of fresh air. Now since I got the sweet and the pnator, the spit does not see much action

Comment

yeah iggs

Comment

Working...
                              X