X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitfire v Dominator

Okay so i got a Dom and i love it. I does definately lives up to all the hype. My only minor complaint is the tail does drift in bigger surf or if i push it. I got a Hellfire for the bigger and better stuff so its not really a big deal but lately i'm thinking about swapping my Dominator for a Spitfire. I guess my question is, is it worth it? I view the Dom as my small wave board and use it for anything up to head high stuff mainly in the summer. Having the two boards lets me surf rubbish small waves and anything better so is it really worth swapping my small wave board? Is there really that much of a difference in terms of the tail and performance or am i just be being picky/greedy? Also i'm kinda thinking the difference in the tail on the Dom and the Hellfire make my little two board quiver that little bit more versatile. Maybe having a Spitfire and Hellfire with similar tails, there would be less of a cross over? Cheers

I'd keep the Dom, the kind of surfing where the wave has the power to let you push harder or need more hold you'd probably be riding your Hellfire anyway. The Dom wraps around rail to rail in the weaker stuff really nicely.

Comment

Agreed!!!.Hellfire would overlap the the spitfire. Keep the dominator for the smaller crappier days and the hellfire for when it gets good

Comment

Cheers guys. Sounds like good advice and was kinda what i was thinking. Should save me some bucks too! Prjwebb yeah the Dom is super smooth in the weak stuff. Love it! Notice you boys both have spitfires. Have you surfed the Dom? Any idea how they compare?

Comment

I had a Dom before the Spitfire but because I loved the board and surfed it in everything I needed that extra bit of bite from the Spitfire. In a way I miss the Dominator, it's such a nice shape. I live that smooth continuous curved outline.
          I find the Spitfire a little more snappy and the Dom a little more wrappy, but the differences are fairly subtle.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
            I'd keep the Dom, the kind of surfing where the wave has the power to let you push harder or need more hold you'd probably be riding your Hellfire anyway. The Dom wraps around rail to rail in the weaker stuff really nicely.
            this is what I would call a "genius" reply. agree here. The Dominator actually makes your quiver deeper in that you can get more out of the smaller/weaker surf....

make sense?

Comment

yeah that makes sense. the deeper my quiver the better, especially since a hybrid and performance hybrid are not a million miles apart. might give the spit a go when my dom gives out which, if stays as tough as it has been, should be a while. thanks all for your input. Surf on!!!

Comment

cheers mrees!

Comment

oh well dilemma solved and pretty much what my thinking was if I add a Hellfire.

Comment

Working...
                  X