Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5'6" or 5'8" spitfire??

Hey !!
    So I've ended up looking at Firewire's mainly because of durability. I am an intermediate surfer and ride a 5'7' Gravy by channel Islands at the moment. I do beat it up as I tend to be a bit rough on boards.

i am 5'8" 160lbs ...
    Can't decide if i should go for the 506 or 508 spitfire. I want to be able to ride overhead + as well.. as 2ft junk days and heard the spitfire is very versatile so maybe the 508 for bigger days? or can the 506 handle it ?

any help would be appreciated

thanks
    david

5'6" better than the 5'8". I'm 85kgs and ride the 5'8" no problem. Or the Chuby Chedar 5'7" looks like a good alternative as well. Have not ridden the latter but for the looks of it seems to be lots of fun!

Comment

I ride a 5'6 dominator and I'm around 160 and 5'9. I think the 5'8 spit is gonna feel too big. Def go 5'6.

Also look into the Chubb chedda and the unibrow before you pull the trigger, both look very appealing! Wouldn't go 29l or above in vol at my weight though, not unless it's only for the smallest days, think 27-28 works well for me.
      Good luck you will be super stoked whatever you get

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_s View Post
        I ride a 5'6 dominator and I'm around 160 and 5'9. I think the 5'8 spit is gonna feel too big. Def go 5'6.

Also look into the Chubb chedda and the unibrow before you pull the trigger, both look very appealing! Wouldn't go 29l or above in vol at my weight though, not unless it's only for the smallest days, think 27-28 works well for me.
        Good luck you will be super stoked whatever you get
        sweet thanks-
        was in a shop today and they showed me the unibrow-its sick
        do u have a recomendation out of those boards which is most versatile? people seem to like the spitfire in almost all conditions--do u have a preference in rapid fire vs the other?

Comment

I personally like the feel of he FST better

Comment

Go Technograin !

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
              I personally like the feel of he FST better
              yea -- more durable ? right

have u taken soitfire into bigger waves? hows it feel?

Comment

Yet to test drive!! ;)
                Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                Go Technograin !

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                  Go Technograin !
                  what is technograin?

is the rapid fire that much weaker then the FST? and do new firewires have that valve on FST?

Comment

http://www.zjboardinghouse.com/index...s-coming-soon/

Originally posted by kiddavid View Post
                    what is technograin?

is the rapid fire that much weaker then the FST? and do new firewires have that valve on FST?

Comment

Just got my 5'10 Spitfire a few weeks ago in FST...no valve anymore Kid

Comment

Originally posted by kiddavid View Post
                        sweet thanks-
                        was in a shop today and they showed me the unibrow-its sick
                        do u have a recomendation out of those boards which is most versatile? people seem to like the spitfire in almost all conditions--do u have a preference in rapid fire vs the other?
                        What shop?

Comment

I think from what has been said if your a good surfer the unibrow is the most versatile, Chris says it goes in 2ft if it has a bit of power all the way up to a couple feet overhead depending on the wave. Think its for slightly better waves than spit but can grovel still but I'm assuming not quite as well as the spit, i guess if performance is ur priority go unibrow and if u want slightly better grovelability then go spit, in sure u will love either though good luck

Comment

yeah fair call right there Matt. That is a perfect way to look at it.

Comment

I love my spitfire. another good board would be the hellfire.

Comment

Working...
                              X