X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spit and Potatonator in same quiver?

Hi guys, I have been riding a 5'4'' potatonator in rapid-fire and love it, we'll apart from durability and the nice crease running through the bottom - anyhow....

I am looking at replacing the potatonator with the same board In FST but also wanted something a bit more performance orientated for when its shoulder plus and was wondering if the 5'6" spit would offer me this.

I have never liked the look and feel of anything along the lines of a standard short board and think the sub would be as far as I would like to venture. I find these wide short boards really suit my surfing and just provide so much fun.

M credentials at the minute are 5'7" and 162lbs intermediate 8 years surfing - been suffering with bad back for best part of 5 months and put on a few lbs - working on that now and should be back to 154lbs in a few weeks.

Is the 5'6" spit going to be under volumes at my current stature?

Thanks in advance

Plenty of volume but I'd worry that it's going to overlap a lot with the PN. It will be a little more performance orientated but something like the Hellfire would be a bigger jump.

Comment

I agree too much overlap. I have a PN and Sub and love that combo because you can grovel on the PN and when the waves become more performance orientated you can just slide on to the sub and surf conventionally. I find my sub paddled much the same as my spit but performs much better. Thats my pick.

Comment

i'm hoping to go potatonator chubby chedda then if needed break out my hellrazor

Comment

Originally posted by kdropin View Post
          i'm hoping to go potatonator chubby chedda then if needed break out my hellrazor
          Yeah I reckon thats smart.

Comment

Agree with prjwebb and fw fan too much overlap but you have so many options to consider........from the FW fleet......

Comment

Originally posted by custom View Post
              Agree with prjwebb and fw fan too much overlap but you have so many options to consider........from the FW fleet......
              Specially now that the variety got even more varied!! ;)

Comment

Working...
              X