X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitfire Technograin

I'm always fond of a bit of techno to liven up the day but was wondering on how this technology is in weight.
    I love the lightness and and bounce of the Rapidfire tech but does the TechnoGrain add or lose weight to this model. Think my Spit at the moment is 5.5lb without fins, always up for a bit less though.

Haven't felt one myself but from what the FW crew have said its a fair bit lighter than FST. Maybe even a touch lighter than RF but same sort of ballpark.
    Everyone that's touched one seems to be raving.

Comment

I just happened to be at a shop in HB yesterday and was browsing the FW selection. Of course the vanguard was interesting but the Spitfire in technograin really grabbed my attention. A very nice looking board with a good feel. I may have to drop some cash to see how it feels in the water...

Comment

Lizardman, keep your eyes peeled for demoes too. we just had one there on saturday.

And yeah that tech is a bit lighter than FST because it doesn't need as much external glass. Therefore weight stays down.

Comment

Checked out the Spitfire and the Vanguard tonight, very sweet. I now have some new Firewire surfboard goals.

Comment

Hi guys,

Just had a week surfing down on the south coast Australia and was able to demo an FST spitfire 6'4". Had an absolute ball and this will definitely be my next board, but just not sure on the construction I should go for.

Major two factors for me are durability and flotation. I'm 6'4" and 93 kg and have been riding a really big toughlite fish so used to the high volume (50L), but need to step down size and volume to progress my surfing and was really surprised at how easy it was to still catch waves on the 6'4" FST.

So the question, how would you rate the techno in order of float compared to rapid fire and FST, and how would you compare durability against each of these? I haven't surfed rapid fire either so would be open to this as an option as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              Lizardman, keep your eyes peeled for demoes too. we just had one there on saturday.

And yeah that tech is a bit lighter than FST because it doesn't need as much external glass. Therefore weight stays down.
              Chis- Sorry I missed the demo on Southside... story of my life. You should have been here yesterday!

Yep, I noticed the lightness and lack of glassing on the Spitfire Technograin. Incredible look and feel. The ancient Hawaiians would be proud.
              Last edited by Lizardman; 04-13-2013, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OceanMindedBoy
                the perfect addiction to my quiver
                I don't think you intended to type it this way but it is so true.

Comment

Working...
                X