X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 602 Future Fins for Spitfire

Quick question on future fins - just got a new 602 spitfire with SA4 5 fin set using as a quad setup - board rode well and held in solid conditions over this last swell at trestles (I am 205 lbs), but now that the surf is small I am looking for a quad setup that really loosens the board up and maintains that quad drive without having to buy and combine a few different future fin setups - the stretch quads immediately come to mind - what does the community think? I usually surf Oceanside.

i think futures r selling the rears now. u might want to check and see if u can purchase them already. at 205, the stretch fronts might b too loose. they slide on me and I'm 190

Comment

Yeah they are definitely an option. Also Stretch makes his own take on the Controller template which could be interesting. Not sure if they are called Molester quads or something. I think you get them through his shop or fins unlimited or something.

Comment

Not trying to mix and match - Right now, just want one solid set. I just spoke with future and they indicated either the Seaworthy Quad due to material flexibility (bends a little more than say the controller quad set) for my size or if I am trying to really loosen it up, which will cause some loss of drive, to use the EA quad set in fiber glass to help with hold due to my weight - they indicated the material used for the stretch quad would probably cause me to lose even more drive than just that lost in the original downsize in area of the fin. Any experience with these fins?

Comment

Just ordered the Seaworthy online - I'll give an update on how it surfs after I get out a few times.

Comment

if u want the v2 folk in large, hayden shapes fins have it and i believe he has a quad set as well due to a new board coming out.

Comment

the new Biolos quad controllers r pretty sic as well. large size and comes w purchase of "couch potato", else 130 bucks

Comment

@garyandemily, definitely find a set with more area for the small days. you might also want to consider using a board designed for small waves (e.g. Baked Potato). I had the fiberglass Controller quad set and they are super fast and turns well. However, on bigger waves it becomes a little too loose! lol. Now, I have the Lost Seaworthy. These fins have the same speed as the original Controllers, but holds a little better because of the little rake they added to the rear fins. Currently have these fins paired with a knubster on my 508 spitfire...just waiting for the next swell to test them out.

ALOHA!!

Comment

• Tescot
                Tescot commented
                Editing a comment
                Swell started rolling in today! See you in the water!

• hawaii_boi
                hawaii_boi commented
                Editing a comment
                yups...finally! haha!

Anybody have any updates on the Seaworthy on the Spitfire?

Comment

• Phill
                Phill commented
                Editing a comment
                Not the sort of fins I'd look to use in that board. I'd be looking at a more performance orientated set but I guess it depends how you want it to ride.
                I expect they work well in a speedy, glidey, skatey kind of way.

mate, get the stretch quads. when I was 205lb on a 6' spitfire they were the BEST fins i've come across... I've tried all sorts, including the deviant fin and the stretch quads (SF4) are frigging amazing...

Comment

surferzach i have the seaworthy fins but haven't put them on my SF. I did however try em on my SP. It's fast but slightly slower than the fiberglass controllers. One good thing about it though is the rear fins has a little rake which makes it a little more stable than the original controllers. anyways, I prefer as a thruster. maybe when I'm board I'll slap em on the SF. I'll let you know.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Working...
                X