Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iggy and Josh, Actually I think I have settled on a spitfire. The only question is 604 or 606. Is that something the demo would be helpful with? Do they have enough boards there in different sizes that it would be a help?

Thanks in advance

Comment

MM - if you like the Dom great. I've got a spitty and ridden a HF lots, but my daily go to board is my BP. I have more fun and performance on that board than I know what to do with on a daily basis (meaning smaller waves). It's not great in bigger surf as it does not have the glide to get into larger surf; tons o fun in small daily surf. The spitty is a lot of fun, but not the same. It can handle larger waves and actually rides somewhat like the BP as they both have similar tails. The width of the BP just makes it easy and fun! Just my two cents.

Comment

I would seriously consider going a lot smaller than this. I am pretty much spot on the same height and weight as you and i had a 5'8 spitfire for a while, i loved it and learned loads on it but it very quickly started to feel like to much foam... unless you are gonna be surfing mostly 1-2ft for me 5'8 would be grovel board 5'6 allrounder but i feel i could even go 5'4 in bigger hollower surf... Theses boards are designed to be ridden small! You wont need much more than 30L unless youre looking to ride really small mushy surf....

Comment

Don't go too big MM. I'm 6'0" 170 and ride a 5'10" spit. I absolutely love the board....that being said, after surfing it for a little over 6 months now I could've easily gone with a 5'8" or even 5'6". Once I get out of year-round wetsuit territory I'm going to be stepping down in size. Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
          X